Close

Store filters

[email protected]
9 years ago
#8685 Quote
Hi

I'm looking into the possibility to add a filter to the store list. I want to be able to limit the shops depending on key words or "tags". I tried to use the MetaKeyWords for this but as I can see none of the Meta fields are populated in the AllShops view. Is it possible for you to A) Add a new field with "tags", or B) populate the Meta fileds that already exists in the configuration pages? Otherwise I have to find another solution to this...

Thanks

/Marcus
Deni
9 years ago
#8697 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
Hi

I'm looking into the possibility to add a filter to the store list. I want to be able to limit the shops depending on key words or "tags". I tried to use the MetaKeyWords for this but as I can see none of the Meta fields are populated in the AllShops view. Is it possible for you to A) Add a new field with "tags", or B) populate the Meta fileds that already exists in the configuration pages? Otherwise I have to find another solution to this...

Thanks

/Marcus

Hi, 

I am not quite sure what you want to achieve with this functionality. Please explain further. You can also suggest in our user voice portal.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
[email protected]
9 years ago
#8699 Quote
Deni wrote:

I am not quite sure what you want to achieve with this functionality. Please explain further. You can also suggest in our user voice portal.

Hi Deni

Let's say you have 1000 restaurants in the database. Too many to show as it is. If I only want to show restaurants serving Pizza I must somehow "tag" some of them with the key "PIZZA". Another restaurant may have the tags "CHINESE;TAKEAWAY;". Via javascript/Jquery, in the All Shops view, I dynamically toggle the visibility of them and only shows the ones with the corresponding tag. Click on a button called "Pasta" and you only see the places serving pasta :-)

My initial thought was to reuse the SEO field "MetaKeyword" for this. That field is already used in the plugin administration and used by search engines for almost the same thing. But, as I can see the, controller for "AllShops" doesn't populate any of the "Meta" fields in the model (MetaDescription, MetaKeywords, MetaTitle) for this view so none of the keywords I enter in the administration will later be accessible in the view.

For now I have solved this by adding hidden tags in the ShortDescription texts, for example <!-- [PIZZA][PASTA] --> that I can use for the filter. It works fine technically, but it's much harder for the administrators, who doesn't know HTML, to handle this. A distinct new field called "StoreTag" added to the Shop object would be the best, but "working" MetaKeywords in the model will do almost as well...

Thanks

/Marcus
Deni
9 years ago
#8705 Quote
Hi, 

That sounds like good functionality. Please suggest it here, so we can plan it for the future releases.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com