Close

Large Ribbon appearing on all related products

Meredith88
9 years ago
#8578 Quote
Hi,

I seem to have come across an issue on a website I'm developing in NOP 3.4 using ProductRibbons 3.40.  If a product has a ribbon associated to it when I am on the product page all the related products on the page are also showing the ribbon even though it isn't applicable.  

Any way I can fix this to show the correct ribbons on the related products?

Thanks in advance

James
Boyko
9 years ago
#8581 Quote
Meredith88 wrote:
Hi,

I seem to have come across an issue on a website I'm developing in NOP 3.4 using ProductRibbons 3.40.  If a product has a ribbon associated to it when I am on the product page all the related products on the page are also showing the ribbon even though it isn't applicable.  

Any way I can fix this to show the correct ribbons on the related products?

Thanks in advance

James

Hi James,

If a ribbon is shown for a given product this means that there is a condition that is met.
You should check what condition you have defined for this ribbon and most probably the related products match this condition.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Meredith88
9 years ago
#8583 Quote
The condition is that the product is in a certain category and none of the related products are in this category so that can't be the issue.  It is showing the large ribbon image not the small ones almost like it's finding any div with class="picture" and inserting the ribbon if you look at the link below hopefully you can see what I mean

http://www.ozum5.co.uk/brother-lx17

James
Boyko
9 years ago
#8590 Quote
Meredith88 wrote:
The condition is that the product is in a certain category and none of the related products are in this category so that can't be the issue.  It is showing the large ribbon image not the small ones almost like it's finding any div with class="picture" and inserting the ribbon if you look at the link below hopefully you can see what I mean

http://www.ozum5.co.uk/brother-lx17

James

Hi James,

Thank you for the link!
By the returned data from the server there should be 1 ribbon shown for 2 of the products - on the main product and one of the related products (this one). But for some reason this ribbon is shown on all products. It is some problem on the client side javascript that places the ribbons. Maybe some selector of the selectors is not correct but it is hard to debug this way. Please Submit a ticket specifying the product version you are using and provide FTP access to the site, so that we can upload the unminified version of the javascript of the Ribbons and debug it to see what is wrong.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team