Close

Checkout workflow improvement

digitalmbs
9 years ago
#8349 Quote
Hi,

First of all, I just love the Motion theme and can't stop to keep tweaking it further. Now, I have another idea that I would like to improve on. I am not sure where we need to change it i.e. if it is for core Nop or it is in Motion theme but I am sure that Nop-Template team will guide me in right direction.
What I want to do is this

1) Rejig checkout page - so it has only 1 text field asking for an email, and 2 buttons with options as "I have ordered Before" and "First Order". If existing customer then ask for password and continue with existing customer workflow.

2) If New customer then - follow guess checkout flow.

3) For guest, at the end of order confirmation - Ask to create account at that time all we need is for them to set password.

4) Once all steps completed - Ask them to Share their recent purchase on social network ie. FB, G+, Pinterest, Tweeter etc. And it will allow them to post directly from there using product picture , url and short description.

Now sure how much custom coding it will require. If it is just changing cshtml then I can do that but for changing C# code them I might need more help but any guidance will appreciate.
hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#8353 Quote
digitalmbs wrote:
Hi,

First of all, I just love the Motion theme and can't stop to keep tweaking it further. Now, I have another idea that I would like to improve on. I am not sure where we need to change it i.e. if it is for core Nop or it is in Motion theme but I am sure that Nop-Template team will guide me in right direction.
What I want to do is this

1) Rejig checkout page - so it has only 1 text field asking for an email, and 2 buttons with options as "I have ordered Before" and "First Order". If existing customer then ask for password and continue with existing customer workflow.

2) If New customer then - follow guess checkout flow.

3) For guest, at the end of order confirmation - Ask to create account at that time all we need is for them to set password.

4) Once all steps completed - Ask them to Share their recent purchase on social network ie. FB, G+, Pinterest, Tweeter etc. And it will allow them to post directly from there using product picture , url and short description.

Now sure how much custom coding it will require. If it is just changing cshtml then I can do that but for changing C# code them I might need more help but any guidance will appreciate.

Hi digitalmbs,

all of the suggestions should be addressed to the nopCommerce because the checkout process is a part of the nop core. Also, these changes are quite complicated and this will require a lot of coding.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com