Close

Using SPROC ProductLoadAllPagegNopAjaxFilters Manually?

leen3o
9 years ago
#8114 Quote
I have purchased your nopTemplates Ajax Filters plugin, but would like to extend it a bit for the project I'm working on and use the results on a custom page (With some custom filtering/display) - I need to use your Stored Procedure that you ship with to return some other results

ProductLoadAllPagegNopAjaxFilters

Could you provide some guidance on how to use it and also what all the parameters are? And most importantly what model I should pass in, and what model it returns?

I realise you didn't intend it to be used this way, but I have purchased this filter and need to use it's 'features' on a custom page.

I would really appreciated some guidance on this. And I suspect it could be useful to other developers, and help improve the sales for this plugin as people can use it in another way.
YashChandra
9 years ago
#8118 Quote
Hi,

We do understand your situation but please note that we have had our filters stolen several times, and this was done by some of the leading nopCommerce solution partners (still solution partners). That is why we have obfuscated the plugin and even the stored procedure. Due to the problems we have had and the time we have wasted and the frustration we are experiencing with these vendors getting away with all this, we have decided never to make any exceptions to providing the code of the plugin to customers or any third parties. I know this has nothing to do with you, but I also hope you will understand our position.
In addition to this, if we provide the stored procedure we would also have to provide the code to the filters, which would make things even more complicated.

I am sorry I have to turn down your request and I hope you will understand.
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com
leen3o
9 years ago
#8119 Quote
Hmmm slightly annoying. Although some what understandable. But this is the problem with plugins like this, they are very useful to a point. But when you need to customise, which most sites do it becomes a 'hack' to use them without access or knowledge into things like your SPROC

I'm not saying you have to decrypt the SPROC or plugin. But just an example of calling that SPROC from nopcommerce manually would be enough. This would still mean people can't edit what you have done and are still reliant on your plugin.