Close

Very slow homepage

mrbombay
9 years ago
#8001 Quote
Hey,

We are using some of your plugins on our website and homepage. We are using nopCommerce version 3.40 on a dedicated server with the following plugins installed on the website.

- 2 x Sliders (Nop Anywhere Sliders)
- 4 x JCarousel (Manufacturers, Bestsellers, Newest Products, Custom Carousel)
- 1 x Instant search
- 1 x Ajax Cart

When all of this is enabled, my homepage works very slow while the other pages are very fast.
I've did a test where i've copied the generated html and javascript into my homepage (plugins disabled), and those results are very fast with the same visual outcome. Is there a problem on the server side code?

Best regards,
Boyko
9 years ago
#8002 Quote
mrbombay wrote:
Hey,

We are using some of your plugins on our website and homepage. We are using nopCommerce version 3.40 on a dedicated server with the following plugins installed on the website.

- 2 x Sliders (Nop Anywhere Sliders)
- 4 x JCarousel (Manufacturers, Bestsellers, Newest Products, Custom Carousel)
- 1 x Instant search
- 1 x Ajax Cart

When all of this is enabled, my homepage works very slow while the other pages are very fast.
I've did a test where i've copied the generated html and javascript into my homepage (plugins disabled), and those results are very fast with the same visual outcome. Is there a problem on the server side code?

Best regards,

Hi mrbombay,

You can't compare returning some "predefined" html (as you have done with adding the html in the home view) with calling several services that get data from the database.
Each plugin goes to the database to get the data you need + some business logic applied to this data, so it is normal to be slower than just returning an html.
But please note that all our plugin have caching, which means that once the data is taken from the database it is cached and the next time you open the Home page for example, the page will be loaded much faster.
What would be a proper test to see how much the plugins on the home page are slowing it is to do the followings:
1. Open the home page for first time, so that all the plugins cache their data.
2. Open the home page again and check the Time to First byte time (the time it takes to return the html).
3. Disable all the plugins and test again.

There shouldn't be any significant difference from the time in 2 and 3.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team