Close

General Discussion

Support
9 years ago
#7917 Quote
Topic for general discussion regarding Nop Ajax Filters Pro plugin.
hayden
9 years ago
#8138 Quote
hi,

i've always used sqlpublishingwizard (tool for visualstudio) to copy databases - great tool.

However, i've just tried to use it to script a 3.4 database on a site that uses your artfactory theme but it won't work - it tells me that

'ProductLoadAllPagegNopAjaxFilter'  is an encrypted stored procedure

and that is not supported by sqlpubwizard

can you tell me if there is a way around this ? Are there more encrypted stored procedures ?

all i can think of at the moment is to uninstall all the plugins but

a) i don't know if that will solve the problem (will doing this remove the stored procedure from the database > )

b)  it means I will have to re install and reconfigure the site

in the longer term, what will I do - at the moment, before I upgrade, i script the database so that i have a copy i can work with locally to upgrade - i then upload the script via aql management studio.

do i have to change my work practices ?

- hayden

Boyko
9 years ago
#8141 Quote
hayden wrote:
hi,

i've always used sqlpublishingwizard (tool for visualstudio) to copy databases - great tool.

Hi hayden,

Yes, this is a great tool. Actually anything that saves time especially with script generation is a great tool for us as developers. I personally use the Schema and Data comparison options available in visual studio Tools -> SQL Server menu when I want to compare two databases.
But we usually use the backup and restore options in SQL Server when we need to copy a database. There is no problem to backup/restore databases with encrypted stored procedures unless you use Azure database.
I can confirm that:
- there are no other stored procedures in all other plugins/themes.
- uninstalling the Ajax Filters plugin will remove the stored procedure.
- installing the Ajax Filters will create the stored procedure.

There is no much to be configured in the Ajax Filters as this plugin doesn't have any database tables (it is safe to be uninstalled and installed again without loosing data) and it only has a couple of settings that you probably don't need to change anyway.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
hayden
9 years ago
#8149 Quote
Hi Boyko,

Many thanks for your comprehensive response :)

- hayden