Close

Possibility to skip root category

Lucrasoft
9 years ago
#7653 Quote
I would like to skip the first level category since my categories are divided into root categories. I am using multiple stores so I used a root category to distinguish them from each other. So I want the categories within "Shop1" to be shown in the menu instead of "Shop1" itself with its subcategories.

Is there any way to do this? Feel free to ask for clarification if I am being unclear.

Thanks.
Deni
9 years ago
#7656 Quote
Lucrasoft wrote:
I would like to skip the first level category since my categories are divided into root categories. I am using multiple stores so I used a root category to distinguish them from each other. So I want the categories within "Shop1" to be shown in the menu instead of "Shop1" itself with its subcategories.

Is there any way to do this? Feel free to ask for clarification if I am being unclear.

Thanks.

Hello,

Which category template are you using? You can see this in the admin site of the Mega Menu > Category Menu Settings > Category Menu Template.

Waiting for your response.

Regards!
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
Lucrasoft
9 years ago
#7657 Quote
Hey DENI,

Thanks for your reply. I managed to solve it myself but please tell me if you have some better way to do it. I am using the InfiniteCategories template ...

I am doing a loop through first category of the MenuCategoryModel in the helper called CreateSubLists instead of doing a loop once through the model itself.

Anyhow, it works great so feel free to close this thread if you want.
Deni
9 years ago
#7663 Quote
Lucrasoft wrote:
Hey DENI,

Thanks for your reply. I managed to solve it myself but please tell me if you have some better way to do it. I am using the InfiniteCategories template ...

I am doing a loop through first category of the MenuCategoryModel in the helper called CreateSubLists instead of doing a loop once through the model itself.

Anyhow, it works great so feel free to close this thread if you want.

Hello,

Yes, this is the one of the best ways to achieve what you want. Great work!

Best Regards!
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
Lucrasoft
9 years ago
#7783 Quote
Hey Deni,

I just enabled the CategoryMenuTemplate.WithPictures but I can't get it to work. How am I able to show the categories inside the root category instead of the root category itself?

Thanks in advance.
Deni
9 years ago
#7784 Quote
Lucrasoft wrote:
Hey Deni,

I just enabled the CategoryMenuTemplate.WithPictures but I can't get it to work. How am I able to show the categories inside the root category instead of the root category itself?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I didn`t quite understand your question.

In the template with pictures you have the main category and next to it you have the first subcategories shown as links.

Please try explaining further, also mention is the setting Show categories in a single menu on/off.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com