Close

Copy data from another DB

IvanSlater
9 years ago
#7578 Quote
Hi there.

Last night we upgraded or nop from 1.9 to 3.3.

We had 2 sites, Test and Production. Or test site (v3.3) had your ultimate plugin collection installed, configurated and tested. But out production (v1.9) didnt.

So, after we upgrade our database, we copy your SS_ plugin tables from the test server, but something didnt work well.

Now, some plugins dont work, I think we miss a table or data. Others are ok, like ajaxcart, carrousel, quick view, tabs, etc, but not customer reminders and ribbons, for example.

The errors in log are:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Id', table 'dbo.SS_CR_CustomerReminderMessageRecord'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

I know that was not the best option, but seems to be the fastest.

Is there a script or you guys can tell us what data we have to migrate? Tables, constraints?

If we have to uninstall and reinstall, we will need to do it with all plugins? Only core?

Help!!!
Boyko
9 years ago
#7582 Quote
IvanSlater wrote:
Hi there.

Last night we upgraded or nop from 1.9 to 3.3.

Is there a script or you guys can tell us what data we have to migrate? Tables, constraints?

If we have to uninstall and reinstall, we will need to do it with all plugins? Only core?

Help!!!

Hi IvanSlater,

I don't know what exactly you have scripted or not, so I can't tell you why you got this error.
Basically all our plugin tables are named like this SS_XX_  where XX is the plugin abbreviation i.e Customer Reminders is CR. So all the tables and constraints can be seen in the database.
I don't think that coping database tables is a good thing to do. I would better install the plugin from scratch as there is nothing that can guarantee you the consistency of the database when you copy only parts of it.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team