Close

SupportedWidgetZones.xml

[email protected]
10 years ago
#5907 Quote
Im just playing around with the HTML Plugins module for the first time and had a quick question.  Is there any reason that the Plugin only has 24 Widget Zones enabled by default?  I un-commented out all of the other zones within SupportedWidgetZones.xml and they all seem to work.

Is there any negative impact on leaving everything un-commented so that my (admin) users can add html wherever they want?  It seems much more functional now but I figure it must be this way for a reason (reliability, performance, etc.)?

Thanks.
hristian.dimov
10 years ago
#5920 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
Im just playing around with the HTML Plugins module for the first time and had a quick question.  Is there any reason that the Plugin only has 24 Widget Zones enabled by default?  I un-commented out all of the other zones within SupportedWidgetZones.xml and they all seem to work.

Is there any negative impact on leaving everything un-commented so that my (admin) users can add html wherever they want?  It seems much more functional now but I figure it must be this way for a reason (reliability, performance, etc.)?

Thanks.

Hi [email protected],

We thought that it will be better to comment most of them as the dropdown with the widget zones would be bigger, but later we decided to uncomment them ( in the new versions of the plugin ).

There is no negative impact as we cache all widget zones and no calls to database are made for "empty" ( no html widgets in it ) widget zones.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com

Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com