Close

Bugs

Support
9 years ago
#5858 Quote
Topic for reporting any Nop Sales Campaigns problems.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There is a known issues with installing new plugins in nopCommerce. Please read this post for more information how to resolve it.
jkrauss
9 years ago
#6010 Quote
We just installed the sales campaign plugin and discovered that products that exist in multiple categories do not appear in the preview list. Example if a shoe exists in apparel and under foot wear the sales campaign ignores this item. We have also tried adding the item manually to the override tab without success. Please advise.
hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#6019 Quote
jkrauss wrote:
We just installed the sales campaign plugin and discovered that products that exist in multiple categories do not appear in the preview list. Example if a shoe exists in apparel and under foot wear the sales campaign ignores this item. We have also tried adding the item manually to the override tab without success. Please advise.

Hi jkrauss,

I just tried to run a campaign on a products which are in 3 different categories and it doesn't ignores them.
The campaign only ignores products which already have an old price different than 0.

P.S. - We have answered to your email from our support account. Please don't duplicate posts.

Best regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
Charles
9 years ago
#6209 Quote
hristian.dimov wrote:
The campaign only ignores products which already have an old price different than 0.

I see this functionality as a big problem.  In my case, I show the old price as msrp so that the entire catalog looks more attractive. I then do discounts like normal.
Can you just ignore the old price completely?  Or even better, give us the option to select which price to base the discount off of (old price or price).  Then this can work for a lot more use cases.  The fact that the native discounts of nop are based on price (not old price) does make me look at your implementation (by using the old price as part of the formula) as a bug.  

Thanks
Chuck

Thanks
Chuck
hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#6225 Quote
Charles wrote:
Can you just ignore the old price completely?

Hi Chuck,
The Sales Campaigns plugin completely ignores the old price.

Charles wrote:
Or even better, give us the option to select which price to base the discount off of (old price or price).

Unfortunately in the current version of the plugin this is not possible.

Charles wrote:
Then this can work for a lot more use cases.  The fact that the native discounts of nop are based on price (not old price) does make me look at your implementation (by using the old price as part of the formula) as a bug.  

Like I mentioned previously, the plugin is not using old price at all. Only the products which has old price = 0 are taking into consideration. And the Sales Campaigns discount is applied to the product price, just like the nopCommerce discounts are.

Hope this helps!

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
RBfinelines
8 years ago
#10477 Quote
Seems, at least for the trial version, that Nop Sales Campaign does not work in Nop 3.7 when 'bundled' products have a zero dollar value and inherit their price from the value of the bundled items.

"Product skipped. The discount ammount is more or equal to than the product price."
hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#10487 Quote
rbeardfinelines wrote:
Seems, at least for the trial version, that Nop Sales Campaign does not work in Nop 3.7 when 'bundled' products have a zero dollar value and inherit their price from the value of the bundled items.

"Product skipped. The discount ammount is more or equal to than the product price."

Hi,

The product is skipped because the initial product price is 0 and therefore there is nothing to discount from the price.

The product attribute price adjustments are not included in the product price and it is not used by the sales campaigns. Could you please suggest your idea in our User Voice portal, and if people vote for it we will add support for it.

Thanks.
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
RBfinelines
8 years ago
#10492 Quote
hristian.dimov wrote:

Hi,

The product is skipped because the initial product price is 0 and therefore there is nothing to discount from the price.

The product attribute price adjustments are not included in the product price and it is not used by the sales campaigns. Could you please suggest your idea in our User Voice portal, and if people vote for it we will add support for it.

Thanks.

Done: http://noptemplates.uservoice.com/forums/151226-nop-templates-com-products-feedback/suggestions/11226612-nop-sales-campaign-optional-use-of-price-from-pro

(Not sure if Suggestion promotions are allowed or not.)
hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#10498 Quote
rbeardfinelines wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Done: http://noptemplates.uservoice.com/forums/151226-nop-templates-com-products-feedback/suggestions/11226612-nop-sales-campaign-optional-use-of-price-from-pro

(Not sure if Suggestion promotions are allowed or not.)

Hi,

You can try also to discount the bundled products instead of the parent one. I think this way you will achieve what you want.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
RBfinelines
8 years ago
#10499 Quote
Unfortunately, that won't work since some of the bundled products are shared among other bundles.

And I'm not sure how it would be displayed. I'm guessing the banner that NSC creates wouldn't be displayed. Since the components of the kits are not displayed.