Close

Slider in home page

jmbusquets
10 years ago
#5843 Quote
I want insert a slider in  home page before news.
I added the widgetzone home_page_before_news and assigned this zone to a Anywhere Slider Carousel 3D.
But it appears to the left of the page.
How can display the slider centered on te page?
Support
10 years ago
#5878 Quote
jmbusquets wrote:
I want insert a slider in  home page before news.
I added the widgetzone home_page_before_news and assigned this zone to a Anywhere Slider Carousel 3D.
But it appears to the left of the page.
How can display the slider centered on te page?

Hi jmbusquets,

You can center the 3d carousel by adding the following in the admin -> plugins -> nop smart theme -> settings -> custom head styles textbox:

.pjcaroumain { float: none; margin: auto; width: 980px; }

You should make sure that you have set the "Slider Panel Width" to 980 and the "X position" to 450 in the Carousel 3D advanced settings.

Hope that helps!
ActionVictoria
9 years ago
#8010 Quote
Hi,

I'm trying to add the slider to the home page but I don't see "home_page_slider" as an option in the dropdown box in the widget zone - as a result the slider has been given the closest option which is "home_page_top" and there is a gap of about a centimeter between the menu and the slider.

I've tried adding "home_page_slider" as a location in the supportedwidgetzones.xml file in the plugin folder but perhaps it needs to be compiled before it will work??

Any help would be appreciated.
ActionVictoria
9 years ago
#8011 Quote
Another question..
The slider image looks too small when viewed in mobile dimensions - is there a way to show a different image ie an image optimized for mobile size viewing when those display dimensions of the responsive design are triggered?

Thanks in advance.
galnitzan
9 years ago
#8316 Quote
ActionVictoria wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to add the slider to the home page but I don't see "home_page_slider" as an option in the dropdown box in the widget zone - as a result the slider has been given the closest option which is "home_page_top" and there is a gap of about a centimeter between the menu and the slider.

I've tried adding "home_page_slider" as a location in the supportedwidgetzones.xml file in the plugin folder but perhaps it needs to be compiled before it will work??

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, have the same issue, any info on that?

Thanks.
Boyko
9 years ago
#8325 Quote
galnitzan wrote:

Hi, have the same issue, any info on that?

Thanks.

Hi galnitzan,

If you don't see the "home_page_slider" in the Anywhere Slider's Widgets tab then there could be only two possible reasons for this:

1. This means that probably nopCommerce doesn't know that you are using the Smart theme and that is why it doesn't look for the additional widget zones (see point 2). Please check if you have the Smart theme selected as active theme in your store. Also please check that if you have the Allow customers to select themes option as enabled then the user you are using has the Smart theme selected  in the public store. Or simply disable the option to "Allow customers to select themes option" and try again.

2. Check if the AdditionalWidgetZones.xml file exists in the Anywhere Sliders plugin. The "home_page_slider" widget zone is present in the Anywhere Sliders plugin folder where you can check if this file exists in Themes\Smart\AdditionalSupportedWidgetZones.xml. 
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team