General Discussion

Support
11 years ago
#942 Quote
Please post here anything related to Nop JCarousel plugin
JonJJ
11 years ago
#979 Quote
I'm testing your latest plugin jCarousel and love it!

At the moment I'm customizing it to suit my theme. So I copied the NopClassic theme and renamed it to my own theme name.
I have however 2 things that I've found.

1)
I've added it to the front page (homepage) containing the front page products and in the plugin settings you can set how many items you want in the slider.
It seems however not to work properly.
If I set it to only show 3 items, there is still 8 products showing up in the slider?

2)
I wish to modify the view of the carousel.
I tried copying in the "View" folder from the root folder of the plugin and into my Theme folder.
Unfortunately it does not seem to read the View under my custom theme, when I make changes to it.
It still only reads the View in the root folder of the plugin.

Am I doing something wrong?

Support
11 years ago
#981 Quote
JonJJ wrote:
I'm testing your latest plugin jCarousel and love it!

Glad you love it :)

JonJJ wrote:

At the moment I'm customizing it to suit my theme. So I copied the NopClassic theme and renamed it to my own theme name.

Good job! This is exactly what is supposed to be done when you use it in custom themes.

JonJJ wrote:

1)
I've added it to the front page (homepage) containing the front page products and in the plugin settings you can set how many items you want in the slider.
It seems however not to work properly.
If I set it to only show 3 items, there is still 8 products showing up in the slider?

Thank you for pointing this out.
It seems that we don't limit only the Home Page Feature Products for some reason :)
We renamed it to "Maximum number of items" and now limit the Home Page Featured Products to this number. Please download the zip package again to get the new version (it should be uploaded in about an hour).

JonJJ wrote:

2)
I wish to modify the view of the carousel.
I tried copying in the "View" folder from the root folder of the plugin and into my Theme folder.
Unfortunately it does not seem to read the View under my custom theme, when I make changes to it.
It still only reads the View in the root folder of the plugin.

If you move:
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel\Views\JCarousel\JCarousel.cshtml
into:
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel\Themes\YourThemeName\Views\JCarousel\JCarousel.cs

Then it should work.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
JonJJ
11 years ago
#989 Quote
Support wrote:

Thank you for pointing this out.
It seems that we don't limit only the Home Page Feature Products for some reason :)
We renamed it to "Maximum number of items" and now limit the Home Page Featured Products to this number. Please download the zip package again to get the new version (it should be uploaded in about an hour).

That is great service!

Thanks it works now.

Support wrote:

If you move:
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel\Views\JCarousel\JCarousel.cshtml
into:
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel\Themes\YourThemeName\Views\JCarousel\JCarousel.cs

Then it should work.

I've done that :-)

Please take a look at my screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/NG8cz.png

As you can see my file is under my theme at:
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel\Themes\HusetVedHavet\Views\JCarousel\JCarousel.cs

On the screenshot you can also see that Visual Studio seems to not recognize this

screenshot in Visual Studio wrote:

@model SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel.Models.JCarouselModel
@if (Model.Products.Count > 0)
{
    var skin = Model.Settings.Skin;

Html.AddCssFileParts(Url.Content("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel/Themes/" + Model.Theme + "/Skins/" + skin + "/skin.css"));
    Html.AddScriptParts(Url.Content("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel/Scripts/jquery.jcarousel.min.js"));
    Html.AddScriptParts(Url.Content("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel/Scripts/jquery.disable.text.select.js"));

Support
11 years ago
#991 Quote
Hi,

There was in fact an issue with the Nop JCarousel plugin, but now it is fixed and uploaded on our site. So if you download the latest version of the plugin your view ~\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel\Themes\HusetVedHavet\Views\JCarousel\JCarousel.cshtml will be rendered.

Thank you for your feedback.
JonJJ
11 years ago
#1017 Quote
Thanks very much support. Fast as always. Now it works ;-)
[email protected]
11 years ago
#1018 Quote
Can you have a place for release notes.  There are some plugins that I downloaded the first day and I am unaware if I should be using any updated versions.
Support
11 years ago
#1042 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
Can you have a place for release notes.  There are some plugins that I downloaded the first day and I am unaware if I should be using any updated versions.

Hi,

We have been thinking recently about doing this as we started doing a lot of improvements to our products and we release new stuff very often, which is actually good but you need to know what changes we are doing.
Unfortunately our current design doesn't allow us to show some release news and we are working on our new design that will have that in mind. Probably we will create a new topic in the forum and will post all the new stuff there.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
spinny
11 years ago
#1049 Quote
Will JCarousel work with nopCommerce 2.5?
Support
11 years ago
#1053 Quote
spinny wrote:
Will JCarousel work with nopCommerce 2.5?

Hi spinny,

The JCarousel works only with nopCommerce 2.6. The power of the plugin is in its easy integration with Widgets and the new Widget support in nopCommerce 2.6. Even if we made it work for nopCommerce 2.5 it wouldn't support widgets and would need to be integrated manually.

Many thanks!