Close

How to add custom navigation menu in place of Nop Categories Header Menu

theokalaitzis
11 years ago
#850 Quote
Hello

I am trying to work out how to reuse the "•Nop Categories Header Menu" plugin to act as a simple menu bar just below my logo.

I like the style of the categories header menu on the store, but unfortunately we are unable to use it, because we have many store categories and every time we add more it wraps to another line, so all the sub-categories look silly.

So we have just used the default NOP category on the side box.

Is there a simple way to add a navigation menu in the same place as the Nop Categories Header Menu plug in?

They just need to be static links, that I can change in the source, but use the same style format as Nop Categories Header Menu.

The only menu items we need are something like - Home - About Us - Services - etc..

I guess the footer should match, but I don't see anywhere in NOP to show "topics" on the footer.

I am just not sure how to start this, if you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

Support
11 years ago
#851 Quote
theokalaitzis wrote:
Hello

I am trying to work out how to reuse the "•Nop Categories Header Menu" plugin to act as a simple menu bar just below my logo.

I like the style of the categories header menu on the store, but unfortunately we are unable to use it, because we have many store categories and every time we add more it wraps to another line, so all the sub-categories look silly.

So we have just used the default NOP category on the side box.

Is there a simple way to add a navigation menu in the same place as the Nop Categories Header Menu plug in?

They just need to be static links, that I can change in the source, but use the same style format as Nop Categories Header Menu.

The only menu items we need are something like - Home - About Us - Services - etc..

I guess the footer should match, but I don't see anywhere in NOP to show "topics" on the footer.

I am just not sure how to start this, if you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

Hi Theo,

Absolutely you can use the Categories Header Menu as a simple navigation menu without the categories.
To do this you need to modify the view of the Categories Header Menu plugin in  Views\CategoriesHeaderMenu\CategoriesHeaderMenu.cshtml i.e

<div class="categoriesHeaderMenu">
    <ul id="SuperFishMenuId" class="sf-menu">
        @* You can add additional links if you like i.e link to About Us topic page *@
    <li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "aboutus" })">@T("AboutUs")</a></li>
<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("ContactUs")">@T("ContactUs")</a> </li>    
    </ul>
</div>

Simply add new li elements and they will look just like if you have categories in the menu.
Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team