Close

See all filters

vedran
11 years ago
#805 Quote
Can I see all the "Filters by attributes" (Specification attributes)?
In the present case can be see only partially, with some unexplained choice of displaying.
I know that is this so in the classical filter (Nop).
But maybe you have solution, if not, maybe you should think about this option in the future.

Best regards
Support
11 years ago
#810 Quote
Hi,

I am not sure I understand your suggestion but if you are asking why some specificity attributes are shown and why some are not this is because the filters take into account the AllowFiltering property, which is set on every product specification attribute mapping. Just edit a product and go to the Specification Attributes tab. There is a Allow Filtering checkbox.

I hope this is useful!
vedran
11 years ago
#812 Quote
Not so easy. When is a lot of filters, not showing them all (regardless of whether they are marked for display "Allow filtering"). It is always a partial view. Tested on multiple sites.
Thanks for your reply.
Support
11 years ago
#815 Quote
Hi,

would you be able to show us an example, a page, and exactly what the problem is, because at the moment we are not sure we understand what you are trying to achieve?

Thanks
hemjesti
10 years ago
#3074 Quote
so, i downloaded the trial version of the Nop Ajax Filters - i was reading over the "documentation" and found this reference - SpecificationAttributeOptions AllowFilter - is this to imply that one will have to touch each product, add a searchable attribute, and check the box to allow filtering - is the only way to utilize this tool?

i do see that manufactures are listed as searchable, but i was hoping to utilize this as a Make/Model/Year search - if i create a product attribute - that's not the same as a specification attribute. and thus the product attribute isn't going to be searchable?

is there more extensive documentation i can take a look at or perhaps a way to edit/update/modify this information in an excel doc or via a db update or something? this could take decades :-)
Boyko
10 years ago
#3076 Quote
hemjesti wrote:
so, i downloaded the trial version of the Nop Ajax Filters - i was reading over the "documentation" and found this reference - SpecificationAttributeOptions AllowFilter - is this to imply that one will have to touch each product, add a searchable attribute, and check the box to allow filtering - is the only way to utilize this tool?

i do see that manufactures are listed as searchable, but i was hoping to utilize this as a Make/Model/Year search - if i create a product attribute - that's not the same as a specification attribute. and thus the product attribute isn't going to be searchable?

is there more extensive documentation i can take a look at or perhaps a way to edit/update/modify this information in an excel doc or via a db update or something? this could take decades :-)

Hi hemjesti,

The Filters can filter by manufacturer, attributes and specification.
The manufacturer should be clear - you need to have the given product mapped to a manufacturer.
The attributes are used when you want to allow the user to choose something i.e color, size etc. It is something that can be changed by the customer, so it will not work in your case with the model and year as they are not something the user can choose when they purchase a product.
The Filters get all available attribute options for all the products in a category and automatically allow the customer to filter by them.
What you really need is specifications as they probably won't change per product i.e the model is always the same as well a the year etc. You need to have 3 specifications i.e Make, Year, Model and apply them to your products. As they will probably vary per product then you need to do this for each product.
I don't know how you have imagined this to work but it will be interesting to hear it. There is no way for the Filters to know the model,year, make of your products without you specifying them.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
hemjesti
10 years ago
#3077 Quote
Hey there - thanks for the response! appreciate it.

so, since i won't need to specify 'color' or 'size' on 99% of my products, that's going to complicate things i guess.

what about this scenario - we specialize in jeeps - we also work with gmc, ford, toyota, dodge - what about this - couldn't i create a Product Attribute (Catalog>Attributes>Product Attributes) called something like, Ford and go into the product>specifications attribute and select 'Ford', allow filtering, and not show on product page?

why is the Custom Value unfilterable? is there a programmatic way around this?

Why would there be an option to use the Ajax Filters, to search or select manufacturer when there is already an option to have an item-block/box that lists the manufacturers? I refuse to believe that there is no need/way/solution for such a feature as a make/model/year search tool.

i've never used attributes on the site with nopCom before and unless you're dealing with sizes or colors i don't see a need to. unless there's a viable way to utilize the attributes for something other than sizes. Seems with all the data we have in our databases that one could make that data searchable via a make/model/year tool.

sorry to go on so long about this - i was just excited thinking i'd found a plugin/tool that would do what i've been trying to do for sometime now. just disappointed.........
hemjesti
10 years ago
#3078 Quote
http://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/21974/product-search-category-and-then-sub-category-in-dropdown-and-then-sub-subcategory-in-dropdown.aspx

interesting conversation here - and in looking at their site, they seemed to have come up with a solution.....