8 web design trends to dominate in 2016
I like to think of a website as a human being: each website has a soul and a unique character. And as with people the first impression is vital. The design of a website is what a visitor sees first. It takes between 3 to 5 seconds for a website to impress or disappoint. For a website visitor this means carrying out one of the following actions: staying on page or bouncing off.
It is all about the good first impression that made web design evolve rapidly in the last few years to what it is today. Gone are the days when website visitors were overwhelmed by tones of information. Today’s web design is all about simplicity and elegance.
Web design trends fade in and out or continue to develop from year to year. In 2016 we will see some continuing trends such as flat design, background or full-screen videos on the home page. The new trend predictions for 2016 are increased minimalism in web design as well as card based interface design.
The following infographic courtesy of Coastal Creative highlights the top 8 web design trends to look out for in 2016:
- The Rise of Flat Material Design
- Background & Fullscreen Videos
- Mobile Apps & Social Sites will Dominate
- Responsive Design with Better Performance
- Correct Typography: Fit the Theme
- Increased Minimalism: Stripping it Back
- Storytelling: Designing Personality
- Card-Based Interface Design