Close

Display order of Attribute dropdown boxes

peterfreak
10 years ago
#3749 Quote
Hi, im trialing Ajax Filters 3.11 on NopCommerce 3.10 and cant find a way of setting the Attribute filter dropdown boxes to display in the same order as the Attributes have been set to display on the products page.
The Attributes have been added in random order to begin with and i do not want to display in ID order or alphabetical order.
Is this possible?
Support
10 years ago
#3759 Quote
peterfreak wrote:
Hi, im trialing Ajax Filters 3.11 on NopCommerce 3.10 and cant find a way of setting the Attribute filter dropdown boxes to display in the same order as the Attributes have been set to display on the products page.
The Attributes have been added in random order to begin with and i do not want to display in ID order or alphabetical order.
Is this possible?

Hi,

The attribute options are sorted alphabetically. As you know attributes are set per product and that is why they cannot be sorted in some general way. For each product you have different attributes and there is no way to combine all attributes and sort them in some logical way. That is why they are sorted alphabetically.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
peterfreak
10 years ago
#3762 Quote
Hi support, what you describe is actually not what i am experiencing (or asking about) so i'll try to explain another way:
- The product attributes were added in random order
- The product attributes values were added to each product in varying order, then arranged via display order.
- The ajax filter dropdowns (not the values contained within) display in the order of the product attributes of the first record in the Product_ProductAttribute_Mapping table

I am wanting to configure the order of the product attribute dropdown boxes, not the values contained within.

For now i have adjusted the Product_ProductAttribute_Mapping table to set the first product in desired order which seems to work but isnt a user friendly method.
Support
10 years ago
#3764 Quote
peterfreak wrote:
Hi support, what you describe is actually not what i am experiencing (or asking about) so i'll try to explain another way:
- The product attributes were added in random order
- The product attributes values were added to each product in varying order, then arranged via display order.
- The ajax filter dropdowns (not the values contained within) display in the order of the product attributes of the first record in the Product_ProductAttribute_Mapping table

I am wanting to configure the order of the product attribute dropdown boxes, not the values contained within.

For now i have adjusted the Product_ProductAttribute_Mapping table to set the first product in desired order which seems to work but isnt a user friendly method.

Hi,

I see what you want to achieve. Unfortunately there is no administration about that. For the specification boxes we use the Display Order of the specification, but attributes do not have general display order, because they can have display order for a product only. So one attribute can have display order of 1 for one product and display order of 10 for another. So there is no way to determine any order when showing them in the filters.
There is no administration that can manipulate the table you are referring to, so it should be done manually.

Hope that helps!