Close

Product page to use Category Meta

sunnyw
10 years ago
#3696 Quote
Hello,

I am currently testing out the Smart SEO and 1 of the requirement is to do the followings.

In our product page meta descriptions, we would like to append the category information, but I can't seem to be able to do that.

Also, for the "Do Not override default meta data if there is one." setting, is that possible to do it by type but not global? I am only interested to override product default meta, but want to leave category meta untouched if there is a default.

Thanks,

Sunny
Support
10 years ago
#3706 Quote
sunnyw wrote:
Hello,

I am currently testing out the Smart SEO and 1 of the requirement is to do the followings.

In our product page meta descriptions, we would like to append the category information, but I can't seem to be able to do that.

Also, for the "Do Not override default meta data if there is one." setting, is that possible to do it by type but not global? I am only interested to override product default meta, but want to leave category meta untouched if there is a default.

Thanks,

Sunny

Hi SUNNYW,

There is no category token that can be used in the product meta data template, because one product can be mapped to several categories and there is no way to take just one category. This is the difference with manufacturer for which there is a token that can be used for product meta data.

As to the "Do Not override default meta data if there is one" you are right that it is better to be type specific, so we are going to implement this in the new version of the Nop Smart SEO plugin for nopCommerce version 3.2 that is going to be released in a week. So if you can wait and use version 3.2 it will be great.

Thank you for the suggestions! They really make sense and will be good addition to the Nop Smart SEO plugin.

Best Regards!