Close

How to make homepagesliders appear in all categories

snamt
12 years ago
#349 Quote
Hi, I would like to know how can I make homepagesliders appear in all categories not just in the main page only. Apparently I read you can do it via the widget, but how? Can someone help me out please?

Josef Grech
Malta
Support
12 years ago
#350 Quote
Hi Josef,

The Home Page Sliders plugin allows you to have only a singe slider in your store.
You can show this same Slider at many places just like the manual integration but add it in different views.

Only Nop Anywhere Sliders plugin has widget support and allows many different sliders to be added.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Support Team
viveramedia
12 years ago
#476 Quote
Can the anywhere sliders be added to the category page and then only show a specific slider, i.e add a slider it to a specific category only?

This would be a great feature as it would allow you have banners/sliders based on a particular category and can try to sell the products shown in that category.

Would there be any easy way of customising this? Ideally this is what i'm after as a lot of my clients have requested this. I can hard code it in but it would render the admin side of things irrelevant.

Thanks,

Dave
Support
12 years ago
#477 Quote
inspired wrote:
Can the anywhere sliders be added to the category page and then only show a specific slider, i.e add a slider it to a specific category only?

This would be a great feature as it would allow you have banners/sliders based on a particular category and can try to sell the products shown in that category.

Would there be any easy way of customising this? Ideally this is what i'm after as a lot of my clients have requested this. I can hard code it in but it would render the admin side of things irrelevant.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

A proper solution for this should be to have a Category and Slider mapping in the Administration. You can post your idea in Nop-Templates UserVoice portal, so others can vote for it.

For a quick solution you can make use of the SystemName option when you manually add the slider in the category page and pass the name of the category, which you can get from the Model in the Razor view. Then just add sliders with the names of the Categories for which you want to have banners. If no slider with the Category name exists then the Anywhere sliders will just ignore the call and do nothing, so it is save to use this approach.

Please let us know if you need us to elaborate on this!

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team