Close

Pavilion 3.8 - Mega Menu Options are Gone

cliebich
7 years ago
#12504 Quote
When i go to Admin > Nop-Templates > Plugins > Mega-Menu > Settings the only option I see is "Enabled" with a checkbox.  There are no other options listed like I Previously had in 3.7.  How do I configure this menu now?
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12507 Quote
Hello,

In order to configure the Mega Menu you would need to go to Admin > Nop-Templates > Plugins > Mega-Menu > Manage Menus and create a new Menu (or edit an already existing one). In the General Settings of the Menu you are creating, you can choose to what store it can be limited and in what widget zone it should appear.
You can create the template of your menu in the Menu Items tab. From the left column, you can choose what pages you want to include in your menu. Once you choose and add them to the menu they will appear in the Menu Template on the right.
Once you add your desired pages for the menu you can order them in the Menu Template.

Hope that helps. Please write back if you have any further questions.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
cliebich
7 years ago
#12511 Quote
I added a new menu.  The only way I can get it to show up is to uncheck Ignore "limit per store" rules (sitewide) in catalog settings and then select the store from the dropdown.  When I do this the new menu shows up, but the side category menu gets disabled.  If I disable mega menu, or check Ignore "limit per store" rules (sitewide), the default mega menu comes back and the side category menu also appears, but my new menu gets disabled.
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12517 Quote
Hi,

I can`t seem to reproduce your problem. Are you sure you choose the right store in the Limited To Stores multi-select in the administration of the Nop Mega Menu plugin?

Also, please note, that Pavilion has a special kind of Mega Menu. The Category Menu Items are shown in the side menu while the other Menu Items are shown on the top one. You may think the top menu is the default nopCommerce one because the dropdown on hover functionality of it is not implemented at the moment.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
cliebich
7 years ago
#12518 Quote
After a fresh install of pavilion theme 3.8 when I go to Admin > Nop-Templates > Plugins > Mega-Menu > Settings the only option I have is an "Enabled" checkbox.  The checkbox is checked. Then I go to Admin > Nop-Templates > Plugins > Mega-Menu > Manage Menus and there are no menus listed.  If I add a new menu, the menu will show up on the top of the page, but the pavilion specific category side menu stops working and has no categories in the list and will not expand. the only way to get the default mega menu on the top back and the side category menu working again is to disable the megamenu by unchecking the "enabled" checkbox in Settings menu.

So in summary, it appears the megamenu plugin will break the default side category menu when you try to add a new custom menu.
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12520 Quote
Hello,

This is not how the Mega Menu is supposed to work on Pavilion. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce your problem. Can you please submit a ticket with credentials so we can inspect your store and search for mistakes in the configuration of our plugins.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
cliebich
7 years ago
#12522 Quote
The site us currently behind a firewall on a test server so i wont be able to give you access.

Can I customize the top menu that has the links to "Home Page, Search, Blog, Contact Us" without messing up the side category navigation menu?  If so, how?
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#12524 Quote
Hi,

I`ve finally managed to find what is causing your problem. Category Menu Items that have a simple template wouldn`t show on the side menu in Pavilion. They will instead show on the top menu. If you want them to show on the side menu you would have to make their Template be "With Pictures" or "List". You can do that by editing the Menu Item.
You can find more information for how to configure our plugin in the Nop Mega Menu Documentation.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
cliebich
7 years ago
#12527 Quote
Thank you for the reply.  This is definitely what is happening.
officialreseller
7 years ago
#12923 Quote
anton_ivanov wrote:
Hi,

I`ve finally managed to find what is causing your problem. Category Menu Items that have a simple template wouldn`t show on the side menu in Pavilion. They will instead show on the top menu. If you want them to show on the side menu you would have to make their Template be "With Pictures" or "List". You can do that by editing the Menu Item.
You can find more information for how to configure our plugin in the Nop Mega Menu Documentation.

This is what was bothering me from a long time... this should be added as a special note.. it was so confusing.. thanks for the tip.. you made my day..