Close

Image Distortion

GreatAdventure
7 years ago
#12305 Quote
Using Nop Traction Theme, do product images shown in categories need to be either square or have an aspect ratio that is larger horizontally than vertically?

The reason I’m asking is because our images of products when viewed in their category are distorted if the image is taller than it is wide.

I hadn’t noticed this distortion in the past, so I wasn’t sure if I had just missed it, or if I inadvertently changed something. I have recently changed to using Blob storage in Azure, so not sure if it is related, or if images always had to have a landscape ratio.

Thank you,
Shawn
Aleks
7 years ago
#12309 Quote
GreatAdventure wrote:
Using Nop Traction Theme, do product images shown in categories need to be either square or have an aspect ratio that is larger horizontally than vertically?

The reason I’m asking is because our images of products when viewed in their category are distorted if the image is taller than it is wide.

I hadn’t noticed this distortion in the past, so I wasn’t sure if I had just missed it, or if I inadvertently changed something. I have recently changed to using Blob storage in Azure, so not sure if it is related, or if images always had to have a landscape ratio.

Thank you,
Shawn

Hi,

I could suggest a fix depending on what you want to achieve in the end. By default the theme is intended for square images, so if you have images with different dimensions, they are going to get distorted. 

Could you provide a link to your website, so that I could perceive the situation better ?
Regards,
Aleksandar Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
GreatAdventure
7 years ago
#12312 Quote
Thanks Aleks,

I was checking to be sure it wasn't caused by something that I did.

If your fix is easy, I would like to hear about it. Otherwise we will have to get busy and modify the aspect ratio on the distorted images.

The distortion only happens to images that are in a portrait aspect ratio. Square and landscape work fine.

Here is a section of our website with some distorted images (hiking poles)
http://www.adventuregear.ca/hiking-poles

Thank you,
Shawn
Aleks
7 years ago
#12315 Quote
GreatAdventure wrote:
Thanks Aleks,

I was checking to be sure it wasn't caused by something that I did.

If your fix is easy, I would like to hear about it. Otherwise we will have to get busy and modify the aspect ratio on the distorted images.

The distortion only happens to images that are in a portrait aspect ratio. Square and landscape work fine.

Here is a section of our website with some distorted images (hiking poles)
http://www.adventuregear.ca/hiking-poles

Thank you,
Shawn

I found that there's a style that actually forcefully stretches the imagese, so basically removing it would fix the problem :)

The code you need to remove is:

.item-box .picture img {
    width: 100%;
}
Regards,
Aleksandar Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
GreatAdventure
7 years ago
#12319 Quote
Worked perfect! Thank you for saving me a bunch of work!
Aleks
7 years ago
#12322 Quote
GreatAdventure wrote:
Worked perfect! Thank you for saving me a bunch of work!

You are welcome! You can also contact us through our Ticketing system, if you are ever in need of more help :)
Regards,
Aleksandar Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com