Close

Does "Header in Slider" like feature exist for other pages?

[email protected]
7 years ago
#12240 Quote
Hello,

I am trying to address the following issue and would be great if someone can provide some help.

Home Page has an option “Header in slider” which is very convenient.

Is there such an option for Category Page, Product Page and Topic Pages? In this case it would be displaying Header over the background picture Themes\Urban\Content\img\title-bg.jpeg.

It looks to me that by default, unless I missed a way to tune it, these pages look really empty at the top.

This is especially true for Category Page where a visitor literally can see the real content only after hitting Page Down.  The issue is also that Category name, is unnecessary repeated/ displayed 3 times.

Can someone help me with reducing the size of these empty spaces, please?

Thank you so much in advance!
Suzana
Peter.Zhekov
7 years ago
#12242 Quote
Hi Suzana,

Can you please provide me access to your site so I can see exactly where the problem is, and to be able to give you the best solution to fix it. A 'URL' to a live site will be just fine. Also, you can send me some print screens for better understanding.
Regards,
Peter Zhekov
Nop-Templates.com
[email protected]
7 years ago
#12243 Quote
The site is not live so I am sending couple of screenshots. 1) This is how the Category page looks like. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BA267A2BB076753F%211793
2) this is the rest of the page, after Page Down is hit).
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BA267A2BB076753F%211794

So it is suboptimal that visitor needs to hit Page Down in order to see the products that belong to that category.
I would like to be able to display products on the upper part of the page. An obvious way would be to put Header (that contains logo etc) over that picture/slider (in Themes\Urban\Content\img\title-bg.jpeg).

That would partially resolve the issue.  The other issue is that "Category name", in this case "" is unnecessary repeated/displayed 3 times. It is quite sufficient to display it only once (over that slider/picture).

Any help is very much appreciated.
Thank you!
Suzana  

Peter.Zhekov
7 years ago
#12246 Quote
Hello there,

To reduce the height of the header please change the code below:

.header.mobile {
    min-height: 180px;
}

You can find in the file '~Urban/Content/CSS/980.css'.
I saw that you haven't got any logo so keep in mind that the height you choose should be enough and minimum equal to the logos height.
As to the multiplied categories, the first one is the page title - it's not clickable. The second one is the breadcrumb, and the clients can easily navigate from there.
The third one, I really can not understand where is coming from. Probably there is something in the view '~Views\Catalog\CategoryTemplate.ProductsInGridOrLines.cshtml'.

As to the problem with the product grid, it looks to me like matter of proper setup. Can you please provide another screenshot catching full page. For this purpose, you can use the application called 'Awesome Screenshot' of similar.
Regards,
Peter Zhekov
Nop-Templates.com
[email protected]
7 years ago
#12266 Quote
Dear Peter

Sorry for the silence, I was OOF. Thanks a million, here is the link to the full page screenshot:  https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7224937F994ACBC5!88061&authkey=!AAAJc6dhBE4q7ZM&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

Thanks,
Suzana
Peter.Zhekov
7 years ago
#12284 Quote
Hi Suzana,

Please try to change the setting 'Associated product image size' to '530'. You can find it in 'administration --> Configuration --> Settings --> Media Settings'.
If you use the latest version of the theme you will find one new setting in the theme administration. The setting I am talking about is called 'Product Images Proportion' and you can find it in 'administration --> Plugins --> 7Spikes Themes --> Nop Urban Theme'. Once you find it, you can change the image ratio. For example as I can see in your theme you use square images, so you can try to add '100' in the field which stands for square images.
Regards,
Peter Zhekov
Nop-Templates.com