Close

Smart SEO is not working on categories.

jburke
8 years ago
#9736 Quote
Using nop 3.6 Smart SEO template is not working on categories. It functions on products and manufacturers just fine. This was functioning fine in 3.4. I tried disabling and re-enabling the plugin without success. I just noticed this because Google displayed a bunch of duplicate titles/descriptions for all of my category pages. If I view the page source it confirms the issue.
jburke
8 years ago
#9737 Quote
To be more specific...for the title, if I insert "Buy ${name} Online" it returns in the source only ${name}. Keywords are reverting to the default keywords, etc. So on categories it is as if it's doing nothing and the default nopcommerce SEO (title, description and keywords) is insert.
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9740 Quote
Hi,

Maybe you have Do Not Override Default Category Meta Data settings checked and you have default meta data for you categories. Can you make sure that this is not the case ? 
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
jburke
8 years ago
#9742 Quote
iliyan.tanev wrote:
Hi,

Maybe you have Do Not Override Default Category Meta Data settings checked and you have default meta data for you categories. Can you make sure that this is not the case ? 

Good morning. We do not have this option checked. We are running the same settings as we were when running 3.4 (just verified) and it works everywhere but category pages. We removed and re-installed the plugin yesterday evening and received the same results.
jburke
8 years ago
#9743 Quote
Here's our settings and template for the category's:

http://imgur.com/VFfhEFS,T4RldTo two images there just click "First" or "Second" at the top
jburke
8 years ago
#9744 Quote
I just re-downloaded from my account to ensure that I have the latest version. Installed it and received the same results. Default title, keywords, etc. only on category's.
jburke
8 years ago
#9745 Quote
Sorry for the multiple posts. I just verified that it is NOT working on category nor manufacturer pages. Everything else works.
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9758 Quote
Hi,

Can we ask you to submit a ticket with admin credentials and link to your site, so we can inspect your setup ?

Thanks!
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
jburke
8 years ago
#9760 Quote
I'm sorry. In the interest of customer privacy I cannot offer admin credentials. I do understand your need for such but just can not do this. I did provide actual screenshots of the config. We are using the default 3.6 theme with minor customizations that would not affect the meta tags. Not sure how to proceed. Do you have it working on your demo site for categories and manufacturers?
jburke
8 years ago
#9761 Quote
I just downloaded and installed the Core to make sure the latest version is running. Same status.