Close

Sibling categories

dbgtech
11 years ago
#1347 Quote
Hi,
I've added a carousel using the Sibling Categories datasource. It works well but I was wondering if there was a way to include children categories in this source.

My issue is with the data I am using. I have 2 top level categories, each with 3 or 4 child categories, and each of those with 3 or 4 child categories. This means that the carousel doesn't look very full (especially when viewing a top level category which only has 1 sibling)

Anyway, just wondering if it's possible.

Thanks,
Greg
Support
11 years ago
#1351 Quote
Hi Greg,

We have introduced a new Data source type "Sub Categories" which will display all subcategories of the current category. If it is not in your list with available Data source types, you should download the plugin/theme package again and replace the SevenSpikes.Core plugin folder and the SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel plugin folder with the one from the downloaded package.

Then you can reinstall the Nop JCarousel plugin(this will delete any created jcarousels) or just replace it without reinstalling(thus some locale resources might be missing from the administration for the new features).

It might be a good idea after replacing the two plugins to modify your Global.asax file by adding an empty space at the end to trigger full application restart.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.
dbgtech
11 years ago
#1370 Quote
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I downloaded the new version and tested it out locally. For my current purposes I think Sibling Categories fits better than Sub Categories. What I was after was siblings and subs but I realise this might not be a common scenario.
Thanks anyway.

Greg

PS. I downloaded the plugins from the fashion theme and it stopped my mega menu from working. There were also only about 4 plugins listed under the automatic integration fashion settings. I didn't look into it further, just thought I'd mention it.
Support
11 years ago
#1373 Quote
Hi Greg,

As we had changed the widget zone name of the Nop Mega Menu plugin, you should update that in your public view as well. Please open your ~/Themes/Fashion/Views/Shared/_Root.cshtml and find the  
@{
        var menu = @Html.Widget("fashion_header_menu");
  }

and change it to

@{
        var menu = @Html.Widget("theme_header_menu");
  }

Also please check whether the Nop Mega Menu plugin is activated as a widget.

As to the administration of the theme, you can see only 4 plugins listed in the Plugins Integration Settings tab, because all other plugins are integrated via the widget support, meaning if they are activated as widget they will be shown in the theme. This is the case with the Nop Mega Menu.

Hope that helps!
Mertez
3 years ago
#21222 Quote
What Sibling categories refers to?
I set in on Sibling categories but no categories is shown