Close

Featured Products / CategoriesTitle

[email protected]
9 years ago
#6072 Quote
Is there a way to display the "Featured Products" and "Featured Categories" titles on the homepage within this theme?  Is this omitted on purpose or is it a bug?  All of your other themes display these titles.

On that same note, when adding a JCarousel to the homepage, even when the "Show Title" check box is checked the title is not being displayed.  This makes the Carousel mostly useless because users wont know what they are looking at.

I'm on nopCommerce v3.2 and using Smart Theme build 3.2.839 if that's relevant

Thanks!

Support
9 years ago
#6088 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
Is there a way to display the "Featured Products" and "Featured Categories" titles on the homepage within this theme?  Is this omitted on purpose or is it a bug?  All of your other themes display these titles.

On that same note, when adding a JCarousel to the homepage, even when the "Show Title" check box is checked the title is not being displayed.  This makes the Carousel mostly useless because users wont know what they are looking at.

I'm on nopCommerce v3.2 and using Smart Theme build 3.2.839 if that's relevant

Thanks!

Hi Bob,

Please see my comments below:

1. The featured products title  is not shown by design. If you want you can show it by adding the following to your admin -> plugins -> nop smart theme -> settings -> custom head styles:

.home-page-product-grid .title {display: block;}

Featured categories block does not have a title by default in nopCommerce.

2. The same applies with the title of the carousel on home page. You can show it by adding the following to the custom head styles:

.fullscreen .nop-jcarousel .carousel-title {display: block;}

Hope that helps!

Best Regards!
[email protected]
9 years ago
#6089 Quote
Worked Perfectly.  Thanks!

Now Ill push my luck a bit (I think I know the answer but Id be remiss not to ask).  Is there any way without completely overhauling the theme to add these items as tabs?  In other words, Id love to be able to add Best Sellers, New Products, Featured Products, etc all on my homepage, but it makes things a bit too busy (especially if you automate the JCarousels).  In a perfect world I could do something like this.

Thoughts?
Support
9 years ago
#6109 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
Worked Perfectly.  Thanks!

Now Ill push my luck a bit (I think I know the answer but Id be remiss not to ask).  Is there any way without completely overhauling the theme to add these items as tabs?  In other words, Id love to be able to add Best Sellers, New Products, Featured Products, etc all on my homepage, but it makes things a bit too busy (especially if you automate the JCarousels).  In a perfect world I could do something like this.

Thoughts?

Hi Bob,

This is a nice suggestion, but unfortunately it will require some code changes and additional styling. I am not sure it can be achieved with just some lines of code so I am afraid this is out of the scope. You can suggest this in our user voice portal so that other customers can vote for it too. We will keep an eye on this and may consider implementing it as a setting in some of the future versions of the theme.

Thanks again!

Best Regards!
[email protected]
9 years ago
#6110 Quote
Exactly what I expected to hear, but never hurts to ask!  :)

BTW - Its not a big deal and it was easily rectified, but I would consider the JCarousel Title issue to be a bug.  Since there is a flag on the JCarousel settings for the user to select whether the Title is shown, I would expect this theme to respect that flag automatically without having to alter the CSS.

Regardless, thatnks for teh great support.

Bob
Support
9 years ago
#6113 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
Exactly what I expected to hear, but never hurts to ask!  :)

BTW - Its not a big deal and it was easily rectified, but I would consider the JCarousel Title issue to be a bug.  Since there is a flag on the JCarousel settings for the user to select whether the Title is shown, I would expect this theme to respect that flag automatically without having to alter the CSS.

Regardless, thatnks for teh great support.

Bob

Hi Bob,

On a second thought I do agree with you about the carousel title and will return it back by default.

Thanks again!

Best Regards!