Close

Menu Flyouts Transparent in IE 9

baloghc
10 years ago
#5773 Quote
Using Nop 3.3 Default Clean theme.

Our mega menu is using gradients for the .mega-menu bar as well as the .mega-menu > li:hover and finally on the .mega-menu .sublist

Everything shows fine in IE9 (Windows 7) except for the .mega-menu .sublist, those are transparent and only the borders show.

What was interesting when testing was that if I disabled the gradient from the .mega-menu bar, the .mega-menu .sublist would become visible.

Due to this, and also experimenting with changing backgrounds to solid colors, I don't believe this is a gradient issue.

Any suggestions?

This site's code seemed to fix the issue: http://css3pie.com/
"PIE makes Internet Explorer 6-9 capable of rendering several of the most useful CSS3 decoration features."
Nop 3.7 - ArtFactory
Nop 4.0 - Lavella, Venture, Smart, ArtFactory
Support
10 years ago
#5799 Quote
imprintableswarehouse wrote:
Using Nop 3.3 Default Clean theme.

Our mega menu is using gradients for the .mega-menu bar as well as the .mega-menu > li:hover and finally on the .mega-menu .sublist

Everything shows fine in IE9 (Windows 7) except for the .mega-menu .sublist, those are transparent and only the borders show.

What was interesting when testing was that if I disabled the gradient from the .mega-menu bar, the .mega-menu .sublist would become visible.

Due to this, and also experimenting with changing backgrounds to solid colors, I don't believe this is a gradient issue.

Any suggestions?

This site's code seemed to fix the issue: http://css3pie.com/
"PIE makes Internet Explorer 6-9 capable of rendering several of the most useful CSS3 decoration features."

Hi IMPRINTABLESWAREHOUSE,

Are you by any chance using the filter css property. Please have in mind that ifyou use the filter property in conjunction with the gradient css property they both conflict on IE 9 and that is why you see the sublist transparent.
You can freely remove the filter property and everything will work on IE 9.

Hope that helps!

Please let us know if you need any further help!