Close

Use Categories menu to create footer?

JonJJ
11 years ago
#1087 Quote
Hi support,

I would like to create a sitemap for the footer of the webshop, that shows the top level categories of the webshop dynamically.

Much like this site (scroll to the bottom):

http://www.techsmith.com/

Then I thought, hey the categories header menu can access my categories for the websop.

Problem is that I already have the header menu set up to a specific layout for the header. The CategoriesHeaderMenu.cshtml is in use for the header layout.

So my question is, would I be able to load another instance of the plugin for the footer using a different layout page that fits with the footer layout?
Can I for example copy and paste "CategoriesHeaderMenu.cshtm", and rename it "CategoriesFooterMenu.cshtml" and use that instead for the footer?

Thanks in advance

Support
11 years ago
#1099 Quote
JonJJ wrote:
Hi support,

I would like to create a sitemap for the footer of the webshop, that shows the top level categories of the webshop dynamically.

Much like this site (scroll to the bottom):

http://www.techsmith.com/

Then I thought, hey the categories header menu can access my categories for the websop.

Problem is that I already have the header menu set up to a specific layout for the header. The CategoriesHeaderMenu.cshtml is in use for the header layout.

So my question is, would I be able to load another instance of the plugin for the footer using a different layout page that fits with the footer layout?
Can I for example copy and paste "CategoriesHeaderMenu.cshtm", and rename it "CategoriesFooterMenu.cshtml" and use that instead for the footer?

Thanks in advance

Hi Jon,

What you won't to do will not be possible as the Header Menu has its own Controller and Action that builds the model and returns the specific view. You actually need only the top level categories, which you can try to get directly from the CategoryService in your view, which is not a good practice but will do the job :)

Best Regards
JonJJ
11 years ago
#1103 Quote
Thanks support