Close

No Category dropdown?

JonJJ
11 years ago
#957 Quote

I just installed 2.6 Nop Cloud Zoom, first the core and then Cloud Zoom which is working great.

Now I installed Nop Anywhere Sliders 2.6 but I can't see any dropdown list of the categories when I create a slider for a category.
See screenshot.

No dropdown for category...
http://s17.postimage.org/rkhwbfasf/No_category_dropdown.png

Did you change it to be a textbox in 2.6?

If so, how do I map it to a category?

Support
11 years ago
#971 Quote
JonJJ wrote:

I just installed 2.6 Nop Cloud Zoom, first the core and then Cloud Zoom which is working great.

Now I installed Nop Anywhere Sliders 2.6 but I can't see any dropdown list of the categories when I create a slider for a category.
See screenshot.

No dropdown for category...
http://s17.postimage.org/rkhwbfasf/No_category_dropdown.png

Did you change it to be a textbox in 2.6?

If so, how do I map it to a category?

Hi JonJJ,

It is still a dropdown we haven't changed it.
Could you check if this view file exists:
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders\Views\AnywhereSlidersAdmin\EditorTemplates\SliderCategory.cshtml

Also did you run the upgrade script for the Sliders if you have upgraded from 2.5?

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
JonJJ
11 years ago
#972 Quote

Support wrote:

Hi JonJJ,

It is still a dropdown we haven't changed it.
Could you check if this view file exists:
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders\Views\AnywhereSlidersAdmin\EditorTemplates\SliderCategory.cshtml

Also did you run the upgrade script for the Sliders if you have upgraded from 2.5?

Best Regards,

My NopCommerce website is a new 2.6, but the database has been upgraded from 2.5 to 2.6.

Before when I was running 2.5, I also had your slider for 2.5.
When I decided to upgrade to 2.6, I uninstalled the core and all the other plugins from you.

I assume that when I uninstall your plugins, the tables created in the database are also deleted, right?

At least that was my assumption that they were, and when I would install the plugins for 2.6 it would be a new install with newly created tables.

If the tables are not deleted upon the uninstallation of 2.5, then that might be the problem. That would mean I need to run the upgrade sql script for 2.6.

I will also check that the view file exists... thanks

Support
11 years ago
#973 Quote
JonJJ wrote:

I assume that when I uninstall your plugins, the tables created in the database are also deleted, right?

Yes, you are right. When a plugin that uses some database tables is unistalled then it deletes the tables.

JonJJ wrote:

At least that was my assumption that they were, and when I would install the plugins for 2.6 it would be a new install with newly created tables.

When a plugin that has database tables is being installed it also drops any previous tables from the database and then creates them again. We do this as some clients don't uninstall our plugins properly i.e delete the plugin from InstalledPlugins.txt file.
So you can be 100% sure that when a plugin is installed it will delete and then create the tables needed for it to function properly.
So if you have installed the plugin in 2.6 then your database should be fine and you probably have some other problem.

JonJJ wrote:

I will also check that the view file exists... thanks

Many thanks!
JonJJ
11 years ago
#978 Quote

Thanks you.

It was the
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders\Views\AnywhereSlidersAdmin\EditorTemplates\SliderCategory.cshtml that was missing.

When I added that everything worked.

My problem was that I was using WinRar to extract the plugin and had extracted into a folder path that was very deep with many characters.

Apparently WinRar has a limit of how deep into a folder structure you can extract files if the chracters of the path exceed a certain limit.

This causes Winrar to not extract those files, which in this case was

To solve the problem I simply extracted the plugin on the desktop instead and then all the files was extracted correctly by Winrar. No missing files.

Support
11 years ago
#980 Quote
JonJJ wrote:

Thanks you.

It was the
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders\Views\AnywhereSlidersAdmin\EditorTemplates\SliderCategory.cshtml that was missing.

When I added that everything worked.

Hi JonJJ,

Thank you for clarifying this :)

Best Regards,
garungns
11 years ago
#1211 Quote
Thanks