Close

Quick Start Needed

Slotraccoon
11 years ago
#700 Quote
Hi

I need to get going quickly with my project and some help would be appreciated. To get started I just want to swap the standard menu with the dropdown version.

Is it better to put @Html.Action("CategoriesHeaderMenu", "CategoriesHeaderMenu") into _Root.cshtml and then add @Html.Action("SearchBox", "Catalog")into this, or, as I have done so far, to add @Html.Action("SearchBox", "Catalog") into HeaderMenu.cshtml to replace  @Html.Action("Menu", "Common").

I am having difficulty getting a straight replacement with the menus right justified as before. Then I can tweak the styles.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
Support
11 years ago
#712 Quote
Hi Rob,

As far as I understand you want to add the search box inside the menu. This might be not a good idea, because if you place it on the same line where the menu is and there are more categories that should be shown, the categories and the search box will overlap.
But if this is what you want, that is fine.

In order to do this you should add the

@Html.Action("CategoriesHeaderMenu", "CategoriesHeaderMenu") call in the _Root.cshtml view as this is the main layout that is applied to all pages. Then edit the ~\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CategoriesHeaderMenu\Views\CategoriesHeaderMenu.cshtml

and add the @Html.Action("SearchBox", "Catalog") just after the closing tag of the unordered list (after "</ul>")

So after that you will need to edit the corresponding css styles in order to achieve the look and feel you want.

Hope that helps!

If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact is again.