Close

Unistalled ALFRESCO THEME PLUGIN, now I can't enter store and/or admin

lftalero
10 years ago
#3214 Quote
I was installing ALFRESCO THEME as instructed here:
http://www.nop-templates.com/Help/NopAlfrescoTheme/Version_3_1/lessons/Installation.html

After I installed all the plugins, I set ALFRESCO as the theme for my store using NOPCOMMERCE admin area.
Then I was going to add the slider to my home page and, for some reason, this pluggin was not available.
I tough some files couldn't had been uploaded or something, so I decided to upload all the slider plugin folder again but, since the instructions says the THEME plugin should be installed at last, I uninstalled it (the them plugin) BUT I forgot to first change NOPCOMMERCE to the default theme in the admin area again. Because of this now I can't enter the admin area nor my store.

So I need to know if I can change the theme by code to return NOPCOMMERCE to the original theme so I can do it all over again.

I appreciate your support about this.
Thanks!

PS: see the error here: http://tienda.motoimportados.com
Boyko
10 years ago
#3219 Quote
Hi lftalero,

You should see what the error is first before making assumptions what the problem might be.
But if it is really because you don't have the Alfresco theme plugin installed then you can simply mark the plugin as installed by adding the line below in the App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt file.
SevenSpikes.Theme.Alfresco

Then when the theme is up and running you can switch to the DefaultClean theme and uninstall and then install the Alfresco theme plugin properly and then switch to the Alfresco theme.
By the way you don't need to uninstall any plugins ones they are installed properly i.e the Sliders. If you have any doubts that something is not uploaded then simply upload it again and restart nopCommerce without uninstalling it.

Please let me know how it goes!

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
lftalero
10 years ago
#3270 Quote
Thanks for your answer Boyco.
It's been a lot since the last time I used Visual studio as a regular part of my job so thanks for the tip about the non-custom error page.

What I had to do was to reinstall  everything (including nopcommerce)  and do the process over again. It is now working on my server production.

However, when running it locally, I was doing the same process and the error showed:

private static Assembly PerformFileDeploy(FileInfo plug)
Línea 326:        {
Línea 327:            if (plug.Directory.Parent == null)
Línea 328:                throw new InvalidOperationException("The plugin directory for the " + plug.Name +
Línea 329:                                                    " file exists in a folder outside of the allowed nopCommerce folder heirarchy");

It happened like this: nopcommerce was up and running. I copy the plugins and theme folders to the corresponding nopcommerce locations. I log in to my account and enter the administration area.
I hit the Reload list of plugins and then is when this message shows.
Is there a difference process necessary to use the plugins when running nopcommerce locally from Visual Studio?

Thanks for the help.
Boyko
10 years ago
#3272 Quote
Hi lftalero,

There is nothing special when working locally but that you need to copy the plugins into the Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins folder instead of directly into the Plugins folder when on a server. I guess you have copied the whole Plugins folder from the package into the Plugins folder instead the inner folders. Each plugin folder from the package should go into the Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins folder. Fore example you should have Presentation\Nop.Web\Plugins\SevenSpikes.Core.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
lftalero
10 years ago
#3283 Quote
Thanks again Boyco.

It looks, in development enviroment, you have to add the plugins and theme folders while running the application (?) because the first time I did just like you say in your post.

The first time I added the folders while the application was not running, then I ran the application from VS and the error came up.
This time I started from zero, and added the plugins and themes folders WHILE running the application in VS and this time it worked.

Not sure if that was the reason but it is working.

Anyway: thanks for your help!