Close

Mega Menu not responsive

ZNOPt3SeaportPro
10 years ago
#3128 Quote
Hello,

Does anybody have any idea how to get the Mega Menu Plugin to work with Jewelry theme. We have been using Jewelry theme for almost a year and works well with all features.

However, with the latest update from 2.8 to 3.1 the Mega Menu does not allow for customization. For example; Home, Categories and Brands show by default, not a problem. When I add a few other menu items such as Help, Support, Company with menu features in the topic area... nothing appears, nothing happens.

We added the code @Html.Action("TopicBlock", "MegaMenu", new { systemName = "MegaMenuTopic" }) to the Plugin and adjusted the topics area to reflect our specific systemName, still nothing.

Any thoughts or assistance is greatly appreciated.
Boyko
10 years ago
#3129 Quote
Hi,

You should modify the Mega Menu views inside the Themes\Jewelry folder of the plugin.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
ZNOPt3SeaportPro
10 years ago
#3130 Quote
Hello and thank you,

However, that does not work either.

I have attempted just about everything with little to no success.

While we paid for a support plan, NoP Templates has not answered a single support request which is just wrong.

So now we are stuck in the forums seeking assistance for a product that does not work well with the new NoP 3.10.

The mega menu is by default only available with 3 options. I have uninstalled this product 4 times now and finally I am having to revert back to the 3.0 version with great hope that this works with Mega Menu. This all would have been easily understood if NoP Templates would answer a support request for which we paid for and were about the pay the annual renewal. But what is the point of paying for support when the only follow up I get from some person late at night is about having a negative attitude. Negative attitude, really, when I am only trying to get our product to function normally.

In any event, sorry to rant on... I was hopeful someone could answer this about the Mega Menu with NoP 3.1 and the functionality.
Boyko
10 years ago
#3134 Quote
Hi FoxxCommerce,

What do you mean by "that does not work either"? What changes did you made and in which file(s)?
As far as I understand the Mega Menu is working fine but your problem is that you can't customize it to show custom topics. Is that correct?
Let me explain how to customize the Mega Menu in the new Jewelry Responsive theme.
The Mega Menu in the theme is responsive and has separate .cshtml (views) file that are theme specific.
So you need to apply your changes in the views in this folder Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu\Themes\Jewelry\Views\MegaMenu.

So you need to add your custom topic links in this file first:
Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu\Themes\Jewelry\Views\MegaMenu\MegaMenu.cshtml

by adding code like this:

<li>
            @Html.Action("TopicBlock", "MegaMenu", new { systemName = "MegaMenuTopic" });
        </li>

Just make sure the system name matches the name of the topic you want to be shown.
If you want to show the Topic in a mobile device or resolution you need to add exactly the same code but in this file.
Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu\Themes\Jewelry\Views\MegaMenu\MegaMenuResponsive.cshtml

Please note that on a mobile device you don't have a hover effect, so the topic menus are converted to links to the topic page.
The last thing to do is to go to the nopCommerce administration and in the Mega Menu setting to enable the menu to be responsive (there is a checkbox for this).

If you still experience problems you can send your FTP credentials to our support mail and we can do the customization for you.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team