Close

Allowing customers to select theme but using different plugins

JRon
one year ago
#21925 Quote
Hi there, let´s say I would like my customers to be able to select a theme. Is it possible to have a plugin only active for one theme?

For exampe Theme A would be using Nop Quick View and Nop Quick Tabs plugins but Theme B would not be using them.

Can this be done, if it´s not available out of the box could I at least make some changes to Theme B like removing some Widget Zones or something like that?
todor.atanasov
one year ago
#21926 Quote
JRon wrote:
Hi there, let´s say I would like my customers to be able to select a theme. Is it possible to have a plugin only active for one theme?

For exampe Theme A would be using Nop Quick View and Nop Quick Tabs plugins but Theme B would not be using them.

Can this be done, if it´s not available out of the box could I at least make some changes to Theme B like removing some Widget Zones or something like that?

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Some settings are per store and you may use different plugins settings for the different stores, but there is no such functionality that you look for in nopCommerce.

Note: There is only a setting in nopCommerce to allow the customers to select the theme they want
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com
JRon
one year ago
#21928 Quote
I think I have found a way to fix this for me, I´ll just add the plugin view files to the Theme B plugin theme folder and remove the code that executes the plugin functionality.

This way the plugins are active but not doing anything for Theme B.
todor.atanasov
one year ago
#21929 Quote
JRon wrote:
I think I have found a way to fix this for me, I´ll just add the plugin view files to the Theme B plugin theme folder and remove the code that executes the plugin functionality.

This way the plugins are active but not doing anything for Theme B.

Hi,

Yes, you may do some customizations of our plugins, but some issues might occur, so I would advise you to do some testing after you are done with the modifications.
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com