Close

Bugs

Support
10 years ago
#4620 Quote
UserThomas wrote:
copying the allure folder over erased all my css changes...

Hi,

If you make any modifications to the theme, you will need to merge them when you update the theme and replace the modified files. If the changes are mainly css and not large ones you can use the administration -> plugins -> nop allure theme -> settings and the Custom Head Styles property. Just have in mind that the text that can be entered there should be no more than 2000 chars. If you make any bigger modifications, it is a good idea to have your own css file, say custom.css and include it in the theme. Thus when updating you will need only to keep and include this file in the updated theme.

Best Regards!
UserThomas
10 years ago
#4625 Quote
Support wrote:
If the changes are mainly css and not large ones you can use the administration -> plugins -> nop allure theme -> settings and the Custom Head Styles property.

I pasted .sub-category-grid {display: none;} into the custom head properties and nothing happened. Am I missing some information or a setting?

[quote]it is a good idea to have your own css file, say custom.css and include it in the theme. Thus when updating you will need only to keep and include this file in the updated theme.[/quote]

Most of my changes are basic css; color, image sizes, display items... This seems like a good idea. How would I include it?

Sorry for all the basic questions. I'm trying to make some minor changes and once it's all set, I won't change it much.  Is there a user manual that would help guide me and possibly answer some of these questions?  I have viewed the documentation page but that mostly shows installation options.
Support
10 years ago
#4626 Quote
Hi Thomas,

1. There was a bug with one of the views in the theme and that is why the Custom Head Styles were not taken into consideration. If you now download the theme again and replace just the Themes/Allure/Views/Shared/_Root.Head.cshtml with the one from the downloaded package it will work. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Thus when you update or upgrade the theme, all the changes will be in place and no need to keep any files or merge any change.

2. You can create a new custom css file, say custom.css and place it in Themes/Allure/Content/css folder. Then edit the Themes/Allure/Views/Shared/Head.cshtml file and add the following line:

Html.AppendCssFileParts("~/Themes/Allure/Content/CSS/custom.css");

after the line for the styles.css file.

So thus when you update or upgrade you will need to keep this custom.css file and keep the change in the Head.cshtml file.

My suggestion is if your code is no more than 2000 chars to use the first approach and if it is more than 2000 chars to use the second approach.

Hope that helps!
jrackley
10 years ago
#4627 Quote
This worked great! Thanks.
UserThomas
10 years ago
#4628 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
This worked great! Thanks.

Thanks!
UserThomas
10 years ago
#4630 Quote
Option one worked.
But I can't get it to read my custom.css file  here is where I added the code:
    if (supportRtl)
    {
        Html.AppendCssFileParts("~/Themes/Allure/Content/CSS/styles.rtl.css");
    }

Html.AppendCssFileParts("~/Themes/Allure/Content/CSS/styles.css");

Html.AppendCssFileParts("~/Themes/Allure/Content/CSS/custom.css");

Html.AddScriptParts("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Core/Scripts/SevenSpikesExtensions.js");

Here is what is in the custom.css file:
.category-page .sub-category-grid .item-box {
width: 18.5%}
.home-page-category-grid .item-box {
width: 16%}

@media screen and (min-width: 1001px){
.product-details-page .overview {
margin-left: 620px;
margin-right: 0;
}
}
@media screen and (min-width: 769px){
.ui-tabs {
float: left
}
}
@media screen and (min-width: 769px){
.product-details-page .overview {
float: right;
}
}
.side-2 {float: left;}
.center-2 {float: right;}

Also, do I need custom.rtl.css file?
UserThomas
10 years ago
#4632 Quote
New bug:  I have the "side-2" column on the left side of the page and the categories are listed above the filters.  When you drag your window "narrower" and the responsive theme hides the side-2 menu, then when you drag it back out, when the side-menu shows again, the Price Range filter is all of a sudden above the category listings.
UserThomas
10 years ago
#4638 Quote
New Bug: When clicking on the buy button when you hover over the product thumbnail, the grey spinning "circle" image that pops up showing the site is working, is displayed behind the product thumbnail images.

It happens on your demo site as well.
UserThomas
10 years ago
#4639 Quote
New bug: when viewing an order from the customer side, this line is showing as a top line on the invoice:

sevenspikes.themes.playground.common.goto
Support
10 years ago
#4643 Quote
UserThomas wrote:
New bug: when viewing an order from the customer side, this line is showing as a top line on the invoice:

sevenspikes.themes.playground.common.goto

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback. This is a typo with the resource name. You can easily fix it if you add the following two resources with the following values:

key: sevenspikes.themes.playground.common.goto value: Go to ...
key: sevenspikes.themes.playground.common.gotopage value: Product's page

You can have a look at the following video on how to add a locale resource.

Thanks again for your feedback.