Close

Error 500 - can't add picture

ictenable
11 years ago
#2524 Quote
I just newly purchased and installed AjaxCart and Anywhere sliders plugins, Ajax Cart is working fine but not the Anywhere slider - Internal server Error 500 message pop up in the setting when i try to edit the slider or add new slider. I ignored the message and continue to create the slider and add new image, but it threw me the same error massage again and clouldn't get the picture added with Tag, URL and Title.

I am using dark orange theme 2.8. Below is the system log:

Error

Short message:

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: picture

Full message:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: picture at Nop.Services.Media.PictureService.LoadPictureBinary(Picture picture, Boolean fromDb) at Nop.Services.Media.PictureService.LoadPictureBinary(Picture picture) at SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.Controllers.AnywhereSlidersAdminController.(Int32 ) at SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.Controllers.AnywhereSlidersAdminController..(SliderImage ) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.Controllers.AnywhereSlidersAdminController.SliderImageList(GridCommand command, Int32 sliderId) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass42.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__41() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.<>c__DisplayClass39.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__33() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass4f.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronously>b__49() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<BeginInvokeAction>b__20() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

Referrer URL:

/Admin/AnywhereSlidersAdmin/Edit/2

Can any one help? your advice is much appreciated!
ictenable
11 years ago
#2525 Quote
Please help!!!
ictenable
11 years ago
#2528 Quote
Resolved! I uninstalled Anywhere Sliders plugin and re-installed it.

Thanks!
Boyko
11 years ago
#2529 Quote
ictenable wrote:
Resolved! I uninstalled Anywhere Sliders plugin and re-installed it.

Thanks!

Hi ictenable,

Glad you fixed this.
Sorry for the late reply as it is the Easter holidays here.
It might have been some security issue. Please let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
pctech
10 years ago
#2846 Quote
I had the same problem, and I don't think it is a permissions issue. It happened when I deleted a duplicate image I had inserted into the slider... Uninstalling and reinstalling isn't a real solution to this problem. It blows out all your sliders, and then you have to put them all back in. God forbid you don't have the original image files somewhere, because if you don't you will have to create them all over again.

Check out the first line in the error:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: picture at Nop.Services.Media.PictureService.LoadPictureBinary(Picture picture, Boolean fromDb)

There is a null reference there. Obviously something was orphaned in the DB. Uninstalling the sliders blows out the tables. Otherwise, your sliders would come back when you reinstall...

Maybe you should look a little further into this one?
Jose Gonzalez
IvanStoyanov
10 years ago
#2847 Quote
pctech wrote:
I had the same problem, and I don't think it is a permissions issue. It happened when I deleted a duplicate image I had inserted into the slider... Uninstalling and reinstalling isn't a real solution to this problem. It blows out all your sliders, and then you have to put them all back in. God forbid you don't have the original image files somewhere, because if you don't you will have to create them all over again.

Check out the first line in the error:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: picture at Nop.Services.Media.PictureService.LoadPictureBinary(Picture picture, Boolean fromDb)

There is a null reference there. Obviously something was orphaned in the DB. Uninstalling the sliders blows out the tables. Otherwise, your sliders would come back when you reinstall...

Maybe you should look a little further into this one?

Hi pctech,

You are absolutely right. There were a problem with the sliders when you insert a duplicate image and delete it. We have fixed it in our 3.0 release.

Thanks.

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!