Close

Electronics Theme performace issue after upgrade to 2.6

joellister
11 years ago
#932 Quote
Hi,

I am using the Electronics theme and have upgraded from NOP 2.3 to 2.6.  Since the upgrade I have very slow loading of pages of around 35-45 seconds.  I have both the new site and the old 2.3 version of the site running side by side on the same set of servers (one for web and one for sql database).  The old site runs fine in terms of performance, so I think that this problem is due to the upgrade.  Also if I switch from Electronics theme to either of the default nop themes (classic or Dark Orange) then the pages load much faster. This suggests to me that the problem is the new version of the Electronics theme.

Can you suggest where I should look to solve the performance issue?

Many thanks.

Joel.
Support
11 years ago
#933 Quote
joellister wrote:
Hi,

I am using the Electronics theme and have upgraded from NOP 2.3 to 2.6.  Since the upgrade I have very slow loading of pages of around 35-45 seconds.  I have both the new site and the old 2.3 version of the site running side by side on the same set of servers (one for web and one for sql database).  The old site runs fine in terms of performance, so I think that this problem is due to the upgrade.  Also if I switch from Electronics theme to either of the default nop themes (classic or Dark Orange) then the pages load much faster. This suggests to me that the problem is the new version of the Electronics theme.

Can you suggest where I should look to solve the performance issue?

Many thanks.

Joel.

Hi Joel,

Could you answer the following questions, so that we can trace that and see where the problem is.
1. Which pages are loading 35-45 seconds i.e Home page, Catalog pages or Product pages?
2. When you switch to the DarkOrange or Classic theme then what is the load time of the same pages?
3. Could you install a brand new copy of nopCommerce 2.6 on the same server and see the performance?

We could never be 100% sure that the problem is not in the theme but our Demo web site is running fine without any performance issues. Also our developers haven't noticed any performance issues while testing the theme.

http://themes.electronics.nop-templates.com/

Please give us as much information as possible, so that we can investigate these issues.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
Support
11 years ago
#934 Quote
Hi Joel,

Could you check if the Cache for the Categories Header Menu is enabled.
Your web site has more than 1100 categories, so you should definitely set Enable Cache in the Categories Header Menu settings page in the Administration.

Please let us know if this fixes the problem.

Best Regards,

Nop-Templates Support Team
joellister
11 years ago
#936 Quote
Yes, that's fixed it. Down to 2-3 seconds now!!

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Regards,

Joel.