Close

Bugs

hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#8573 Quote
final_thrill wrote:
I have the Instant Search plugin running on a 3.1 site.  The problem I'm running into is all of my views pages from custom plugins cause the following javascript error with the instant search:

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
on Line:
var autocomplete = $("#small-searchterms").kendoAutoComplete(

My guess was that my plugin needed to reference the keno javascript libraries in Seven Spikes core.  So I added this to my view page:

Html.AddScriptParts("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Core/Scripts/kendo.all.min.js");
Html.AddScriptParts("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Core/Scripts/kendo.public.min.js");                  Html.AddScriptParts("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Core/Scripts/adminAnimatedCollapse.js");
Html.AddScriptParts("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Core/Scripts/animatedcollapse.js");                Html.AddScriptParts("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Core/Scripts/SevenSpikesExtensions.js");

Its loading those libraries however, it didn't fix the error, so I'm at a loss at this point.

Any ideas?

Hi final_thrill,

can you please make sure that the JQuery library is included before the kendo scripts?
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
final_thrill
9 years ago
#8586 Quote
I added these two lines above the other includes....

Html.AddScriptParts("~/Scripts/jquery-1.7.1.min.js");
                    Html.AddScriptParts("~/Scripts/jquery-ui-1.10.0.min.js");

It didn't seem to help at all.  
final_thrill
9 years ago
#8587 Quote
It seems to be an order of operations issue where inside a plugin, the page is loaded first then the scripts.  It needs to be the other way around. 
hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#8588 Quote
final_thrill wrote:
It seems to be an order of operations issue where inside a plugin, the page is loaded first then the scripts.  It needs to be the other way around. 

Did you managed to fix your issue? If not, please provide a link to your website and more information of what custom plugin you are using ?

Thanks.
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
final_thrill
9 years ago
#8591 Quote
Yes this has been solved.  The conflict was occurring because of a script we were using for validation.

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

Got rid of the script, and everything is fine now.

Thanks for your help.
nopnopgogo!
9 years ago
#8793 Quote
Dear Sirs, we are experimenting an issue with Nop Instant Search (for Nop 3.5), latest release. All it's fine when used with desktop browser, but with Safari for iPad we can't choice any item from the dropdown (10 items). Sometime, rarely, only the first item can be selected and it's product page correctly shown. Any info about this ? Thanks in advance.
Peter.Zhekov
9 years ago
#8803 Quote
Hi there,
We reproduce the issue but in the next moment, the issue was no longer there. Have you done any changes in the .css or .js( javascript )  files for example?
Regards,
Peter Zhekov
Nop-Templates.com
nopnopgogo!
9 years ago
#8805 Quote
No, none modifications in .css/.js. The rendering it's ok, looks great.

FlagsOn: Enable Instant Search As Widget, Enable Instant Search, Highlight first element, Search in Descriptions, Visible Individually Only.

Other settings: Minimum Keyword Length: 3; Number Of Products: 10; Product Picture Size (pixels): 70.

This issue drive me crazy. :D

thank you
justinhof
8 years ago
#10321 Quote
Hello,

Anyone ever have the search stop working? Right now it looks like it is processing, but always returns an empty result set. Even going to advanced search always returns nothing.

Anything I can check to fix this?

https://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/

Saarch on ABLE

Thanks,
Justin
Deni
8 years ago
#10323 Quote
justinhof wrote:
Hello,

Anyone ever have the search stop working? Right now it looks like it is processing, but always returns an empty result set. Even going to advanced search always returns nothing.

Anything I can check to fix this?

https://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/

Saarch on ABLE

Thanks,
Justin

Hi, 

I have checked your site and it is really strange that the search returns an empty result. Please raise a ticket, providing us credentials to your site so it could be easier for us to detect what is causing this issue.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com