Close

General Discussion

Boyko
10 years ago
#3233 Quote
GreatAdventure wrote:
For multi-store is it easy to tailor Nop Alfesco for each of the different stores (assuming multi-store license is purchased)? For example background picture, logo, top rotating banners, etc?

Hi GreatAdventure,

Very good question and I am glad you asked it :)

First thing to note is that all our plugins support Multi-Store, which means that you can not only limit a given Slider for example to a given store but also have different settings per each store.
So to answer your questions:
1. Different Banners, Carousels, Zoom, Tabs, Filters, Mega Menu, etc. - yes, as they can be configured per store.
2. Different Logo - yes, as it is is uploaded from the administration of of the theme plugin and can be configured per store as well.
3. Background image - this is not supported out of the box but is fairly simple to be done. You just need to load different .css file per store and apply your store specific styling i.e background images, colors  etc.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
GreatAdventure
10 years ago
#3240 Quote
I'm sorry for being such a pain, I'm sure you are getting tired of me asking so many questions.

Can you please comment on my thinking?

I really like Alfresco. The problem is, is that it would take some work/time to get it up/running/and looking as nice as your demo. Therefore my initial thought was, leave Alfresco behind, buy the "Ultimate Plugin Collection" (as most of your plug-ins are a must), and get the website up quickly using the default clean theme. Then I realized, that "Alfresco" basically comes with the "Ultimate Plugin Collection" for only $100 more (multi-store license) then buying the collection by itself. Therefore (and here is what I want you to comment on), for only $100 more, it makes sense to buy Alfresco just to get the plugins to get the store up and running ASAP, and then when time allows, implement Alfresco then?

My additional questions are:
1. Are the plugins that come with Alfresco styled for the default clean theme in addition to Alfresco?

2. The Alfresco demo logo is a little smaller then what we would like to use. What is the maximum logo size that can be used with Alfresco?

3. (Sorry, this one is not related to the theme, but more a general Nop question). In my old shopping cart, I had to upload a thumbnail image, a main image, and an X-Large image. I believe with NopCommerce I would just upload a single image, and then NopCommerce resizes for the different uses. What is your recommended product picture size that should be used in NopCommerce?

Thanks guys, again my apology for all the questions.
Boyko
10 years ago
#3252 Quote
Hi GreatAdventure,

To answer your questions:

1. The short answer is Yes :) The plugins that come with the Alfresco theme also come styled for the defaultClean, DarkOrange and nopClassic themes. They come somehow as a bonus although according to our license you are not allowed to use the plugins outside of the theme you have bought. So for example you you plan to use the plugins with a different theme or with a custom theme you are developing you should get the ultimate plugin collection for this web site. It is not just a licensing issue but because each plugin comes fine tuned for the specific theme i.e styling, views, settings and even additional functionality i.e the Mega Menu is responsive in the Alfresco theme, while in the other themes it is not.

2. There is no maximum logo size or a recommended one. Any size that looks good is a good size. It is a matter of personal preference really.

3. nopCommerce allows uploading only one image and this image is used in the whole web site but you can specify the maximum image size (the bigger side) on several places i.e product main image size, category image size etc. So nopCommerce uses these settings and simply resizes the default image on this places.
A recommended image size depends on two things:
1. Theme design- if the theme design is for portrait images then you should upload the default image to be in portrait mode i.e NeoFashion theme. The Alfresco theme uses square boxes, so you have a lot of flexibility with the image sizes i.e portrait and landscape will both look good.
2. If you are about to use Cloud Zoom then you should use images with higher quality. Any resolution where the bigger size is above 500px would be good.

Hope all this makes sense :)
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
GreatAdventure
10 years ago
#3255 Quote
Thank you very much for the answers. Also, thank you for the information regarding the licensing, it was not something that I had thought about.

lftalero
10 years ago
#3282 Quote
Hello!

I have changed every locale string for my language except by the following three which, apparently, are not in the localestring table:
FOLLOW US
PAYMENT OPTIONS
sales [at] store.com

About the last one: already changed my store name both in the general configuration and also in the stores section of the admin area, so my company name is showing everywhere but I can't figure out how to change the email.

And a second question about thumbnails for some elements:
Is it possible to change the thumbnail boxes for each category on the home page? I like the way it looks but I have many more categories I'd like to show, so it would be perfect if I could show four or five with smaller sizes.

I would also like to know if the solution could also be applied to the search results page: it shows three columns, but I'd like to make it four at least, and with many more rows of products.

Thanks  for your kind support!
Boyko
10 years ago
#3288 Quote
lftalero wrote:
Hello!

I have changed every locale string for my language except by the following three which, apparently, are not in the localestring table:
FOLLOW US
PAYMENT OPTIONS
sales [at] store.com

Thank you for pointing this out as we have missed to add the first two as resources.
Please download the Alfresco theme again and update these two files:
Themes\Jewelry\Views\Common\Footer.cshtml
Plugins\SevenSpikes.Theme.Alfresco\Resources\Resources.en-us.xml

Then restart your web site and you will be able to translate these 2 resources, follow us and payment options.
The sales [at] store.com are actually two resources. One for the sales and one for the store.com.
Here are the resource keys:
SevenSpikes.Themes.Alfresco.Common.EmailName
SevenSpikes.Themes.Alfresco.Common.EmailDomain

The easiest way to search and change resources is to search by the actual resource name.
Check out this video that we have recorder for searching/changing resources in nopCommerce.

lftalero wrote:

And a second question about thumbnails for some elements:
Is it possible to change the thumbnail boxes for each category on the home page? I like the way it looks but I have many more categories I'd like to show, so it would be perfect if I could show four or five with smaller sizes.

I would also like to know if the solution could also be applied to the search results page: it shows three columns, but I'd like to make it four at least, and with many more rows of products.

The short questions is that it is possible but it is far from trivial and simple.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
lftalero
10 years ago
#3361 Quote
Hi again.

I have added some categories and subcategories to Nopcommerce
Now the megamenu shows me everything, but it only allows me to go to the main category but it won't to any subcategory
(see  http://tienda.motoimportados.com/ category "Productos/Cascos", which works, but  "Productos/Cascos/Integrales" does not.

I already checked the megamenu configuration but I don't see the cause for this problem.

Also, I want to add the sliders your demo store uses to narrow the number of items shown by price, color, etc, how do I add one of this sliders?

Thanks!
Boyko
10 years ago
#3362 Quote
lftalero wrote:
Hi again.

I have added some categories and subcategories to Nopcommerce
Now the megamenu shows me everything, but it only allows me to go to the main category but it won't to any subcategory
(see  http://tienda.motoimportados.com/ category "Productos/Cascos", which works, but  "Productos/Cascos/Integrales" does not.

I already checked the megamenu configuration but I don't see the cause for this problem.

Also, I want to add the sliders your demo store uses to narrow the number of items shown by price, color, etc, how do I add one of this sliders?

Thanks!

Hi lftalero,

This is strange but it is definitely not a Mega Menu issue as if you open the main category you can still not navigate to the inner categories. You can't also navigate from the category navigation on the left.
I guess there is some ACL (access control list) issue in your store. You can switch to the DefaultClean theme and see if the problem is still there (I am pretty sure it will be).

I don't completely understand what do you mean by "slider" that allows to "show by price" etc. Can you be more specific and send a screenshot or a link to the demo, so that I can understand what are you referring to. I guess you are talking about the Ajax Filters, which you have enabled already. You can see them in the same category as there is a checbox for the manufacturer. All our plugins support ACL and Store mappings, so if you have limited your products to a specific store or a specific customer role then they won't be displayed or filtered etc. when the user has no access to view these products.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
lftalero
10 years ago
#3376 Quote
Thanks again Boyko for your quick answer.

Please deal with me since this is the first time I use a template like this and, also, since this is the first time in four years I deal with nopcommerce again.

I changed the theme to the default theme and, as you knew, it didn't solve the problem so I'll check all permissions and ACLs.

I saw a post but now I can't find it about asking nop-templates with all the data and settings so that nopcommerce looks exactly the same as your demo. Could you please tell to whom should I ask for this info?
Thanks again.
Boyko
10 years ago
#3377 Quote
lftalero wrote:
Thanks again Boyko for your quick answer.

Hi lftalero,

You are welcome :)
Please send your request to our support mail, which you can find in our contact us page.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team