Close

Help required on the new NOPMega menu Plugin

carneno
11 years ago
#1522 Quote
Boyko wrote:

I suspect that you have uninstalled the Core plugin before trying to uninstall the Mega Menu plugin.
The Mega Menu plugin is using the Core plugin, so when you uninstall the Core plugin the Mega Menu plugin crashes.
The correct way is to uninstall the Mega Menu plugin first and then the Core plugin.

To resolve the problem go to the App_Data folder of your website and open the InstalledPlugins.txt file.
Delete the following line: SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu
also check if there is a line: SevenSpikes.Core if there is, delete it too.
Save the file and you are good to go. The plugins are uninstalled.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team

Boyko,

I have to disagree with you about uninstalling the core plugin.  I only uninstalled one thing, the Mega Menu Plugin.

I opened the InstalledPlugins.txt file and only found the SevenSpikes.Core line.  I deleted it and copied it back to the App_Data folder and the same error comes up whether i visit the user sebsite or the admin website.

Thanks,
Tony
Stop The World, I want To Get Off !
Boyko
11 years ago
#1523 Quote
carneno wrote:

I suspect that you have uninstalled the Core plugin before trying to uninstall the Mega Menu plugin.
The Mega Menu plugin is using the Core plugin, so when you uninstall the Core plugin the Mega Menu plugin crashes.
The correct way is to uninstall the Mega Menu plugin first and then the Core plugin.

To resolve the problem go to the App_Data folder of your website and open the InstalledPlugins.txt file.
Delete the following line: SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu
also check if there is a line: SevenSpikes.Core if there is, delete it too.
Save the file and you are good to go. The plugins are uninstalled.

Best Regards,

Boyko,

I have to disagree with you about uninstalling the core plugin.  I only uninstalled one thing, the Mega Menu Plugin.

I opened the InstalledPlugins.txt file and only found the SevenSpikes.Core line.  I deleted it and copied it back to the App_Data folder and the same error comes up whether i visit the user sebsite or the admin website.

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Could you check if the SevenSpikes.Core plugin folder is in the Plugins folder then.
The error says that assemblies that are in the Core plugin folder could not be loaded. But in order for nopCommerce to look for them there must be some plugin installed.
Could you check your InstalledPlugins.txt file and delete all lines where you find SevenSpikes. Then go into your Plugins folder and delete all the folders that start with SevenSpikes as well. Then nopCommerce shouldn't be looking for any SevenSpikes assemblies at all.

Best Regards,
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
carneno
11 years ago
#1524 Quote
Ok.  After following your instructions, the website is working now.

Thanks for your patience, knowledge, quickness and help in resolving this issue.

Tony
Stop The World, I want To Get Off !