Support
12 years ago
#16 Quote
Here you can discuss anything related to Nop Smart SEO
SWS
12 years ago
#111 Quote
Hi Guys

Many thanks for creating the nop Templates, it's a service that is very much in demand, and I look forward to doing business with you, the concerns I have about NopCommerce are about SEO, especially URL's with ID's in them, as you know, URL's are very important when it comes to promoting your business and www.MySite.com/C/8/Apparel is not very good, because every forward slash deminishes page relevance, where you guys could win, and indeed create a very good income is change the way that navigation is implemented with better URL's like http://www.MySite.com/Apparel that way all the hard work that has gone into creating such a really good system would really take off because companies would be able to promote there business with the best of them, and in return start to make money, sorry I didn't mean to give a lecture, but I feel very strongly that if people are to get behind this product it has to work, and although the technology is on the cutting edge, the SEO is what's letting this product down.
R.Palmer
Support
12 years ago
#114 Quote
Hi WDD,

Thanks for your suggestion it is appreciated.
Yes, nopCommerce is still lacking in some aspects but we believe that the framework has a great future.
Now it easier than ever to extend nopCommerce and improve it where it is not good enough.
Of course we constantly look for ways to alleviate the pain customers have using nopCommerce and SEO is definitely one of the problematic areas. With Nop Smart SEO our intention was to reduce the tedious work of manually entering SEO meta data for each product. We can't promise to implement the functionality you suggested as we think it is something that should go in the framework itself rather than implementing it as an extension. You can always make new suggestions and vote for them in the nopCommerce Codeplex page - http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/list/advanced
With the help of people like you in the growing nopCommerce community this product will improve and become one of the best e-commerce platforms.

Many thanks
ylechasseur
12 years ago
#565 Quote
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with the SEOs and I sure it is a mistake I did in my DB. In fact, when I enable the SEO I have this error message:

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) at System.String.Format(String format, Object arg0) at SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.SmartSEO.SmartSEOHelper.(String , String , String ) at SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.SmartSEO.SmartSEOHelper.GetLocalizedTemplatedMetaKeywordsForCategory(CategoryModel categoryModel) at SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.SmartSEO.ActionFilters.CategoryActionFilterAttribute.OnActionExecuted(ActionExecutedContext filterContext) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Here an exemple of my SEO name in product DB :RD418HD HD Color Radome Scanner
here the exemple of my Pictures' seo name: 3M__ScotchWeld_Pur_Nozzle_Housing

So, I'm trying to locate my error and I can't, any idea ?

thanks a lot
Yves
Support
12 years ago
#566 Quote
ylechasseur wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with the SEOs and I sure it is a mistake I did in my DB. In fact, when I enable the SEO I have this error message:

Hi Yves,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
We will take a look and investigate the problem and will let you know.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
YashChandra
12 years ago
#574 Quote
Hi Yves,

We briefly enabled the Nop Smart SEO on your web site and checked this product that you mentioned:

http://www.usnautic.com/p/1008

It seems to be working fine. Maybe something has changed in your db in the mean time. Would you be able to point us to another page that breaks as a result of the plugin?

Thanks
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com
ylechasseur
12 years ago
#575 Quote
Hi Milen,

I did maintenance on the product SEO into the DB. In fact, I had products with special caracteres as  ' " /  and I regex them ..maybe it had sort of conflict.. I put in on again and see what will happen.

thanks Milen for the post

Yves

ylechasseur
12 years ago
#576 Quote
It seems to be random.. i put the SEO on,, and after a few items, it crash again with the same error message ..should I remove all the SEO data into the product table ? (it is not long to put them back if I delete them)

Thanks

Yves
YashChandra
12 years ago
#577 Quote
Hi Yves,

Let me try it again on your site with a few refreshes of the page, to see what happens.

Best Regards,
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com
YashChandra
12 years ago
#578 Quote
Hi Yves,

We managed to reproduce the error. It does not seem to be random, because you can get it every time on this product:

http://www.usnautic.com/c/428/us-nauticcom-boat-mainteance-and-boat-care

We are not able to see the products in the admin area, due to restricted permissions. Would you be able to look at this product in the admin area and let us know if you see anything weird either in its name or its meta data like the keywords or the se-name.

In the mean time I am going to send you a .dll with debug info so that the exception in the log is more explicit.

Best Regards
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com